4,316 results
All reviews eugene schlaff zocca restaurant the river heavenly bed corner suite room service beautiful hotel valet parking the entire staff convention center riverwalk concierge spg conference associate alamo balconies
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The hotel is nice, the staff are awesome, the location is iffy at best. The hotel gift shop is terrible. They had 1 book....seriously....1 book. The sundries were all over the map....be sure to bring what you need or be prepared to travel at least 4 blocks to the nearest Walgreen's. Hotel housekeeping is almost comical, if it weren't for the fact you REALLY NEED SOMETHING. Each day they either forgot to finish making the bed (and no pillow cases) and bedding in disarray or they forgot (?) to leave wash cloths and hand towels. The room was immaculate, however. Got to the point we gave up. When we called for wash cloths (husband finally went to find a housekeeping cart....we waited 2 hours and they never came). All in all not bad though. Would never stay here again because location is not so hot and the hotel restaurant Zocca's (while rated high....we thought was Italian/tex mex....and that spells danger, danger Juan Luigi! This was a business/pleasure trip.

Room Tip: we were in room 439 and it was a lovely room
1  Thank sylviaroseva
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you Sylviaroseva, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out a few positives such as the quality of our hotel. An apology, at this point, would not make up for the numerous lapses in service you experienced while staying at our hotel. It is never our goal to inhibit the stay of our guests. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, was not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide. Thank you for your feedback and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I would like to take this moment to thank Tracy @ The Westin RiverWalk Hotel on such a blessing to me and my wife as we visited San Antonio once again. We always favor staying at the Westin and we always appreciate the great service and accommodations. Tracy went out of her way to make sure that we had a nice suite which was more than just "nice." We will visit again soon because we feel right at home at the Westin RiverWalk.

Dr and Mrs J R Williams

Room Tip: City view is better for us--we have experienced the River side as well
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you JRW, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing our many positive aspects of our hotel such as the outstanding service you received from Tracy. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I ate in the restaurant two nights in a row. The first night I had one of the top 3 steaks I have ever had anywhere, anytime. The Tuscan filet was butter soft, had a great flavor and was cooked to perfection. I almost had it again the second night but had the lamb chops instead and they were wonderful. We bragged on the food to our waiter an he had the executive chef George Paramithas come to the table so we could express our sentiments. I travel on business a good bit and I have had many steaks in my life but I would, without any reservation, recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. The food and service is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you Jim H, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your experience at Zocca. I am elated you enjoyed your meal from Zocca. The Executive Chef Jeff Foresman and Chef de Cuisine George Paramithas do an exceptional job in creating delicious meals. Thank you for dining with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We arrived later than anticipated and found the staff very accommodating. We were disappointed our room didn't have the view of the Riverwalk as we expected, but it was a nice spacious room with the most fabulous bed ever! The food was very pricey so we chose to eat elsewhere. I'd definitely recommend staying at the Westin if you need a place in San Antonio!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you TexasSaucey, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of the hotel such as the spacious rooms and our famous heavenly bed. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This definitely the best hotel on the river walk in my opinion. This hotel is decorated extremely nice. The only problem I had at this hotel was that I had a food like substance on the sheets of my bed. I asked the made to change the sheet and there was no problem after that. The staff was extremely nice. The valet was amazing. They remembered us everyday and congratulated us on our gold medal we won at a basketball tournament. I like that this is the "quiet portion" of the river so you can rest without all of the hustle and bustle of other portions of the river walk. When you feel like going to the busy section of the river its only a few steps away!

Room Tip: Get a river view!!!! Its worth the extra money!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you IM515, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects our our hotel from the location to the service you received. I m also elated our housekeeping staff stepped up to correct your issue. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.