4,326 results
All reviews eugene schlaff zocca restaurant the river heavenly bed corner suite room service beautiful hotel valet parking the entire staff convention center riverwalk concierge spg conference associate alamo balconies
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Severino G. was a delight. Even though our stay was short, he quickly remembered our food preferences. He provided top-notch customer service. GREAT EXPERIENCE!!! Loved his attention to detail and his ability to carry on a brief, intelligent, friendly discussion.

The other staff members were also great. My daughter and I extended our stay at the last moment. The process went smoothly. The manager (a man with a middle eastern-sounding name - sorry I lost his card) made everything run smoothly.

I had also mentioned it was my daughter's birthday, and the person at the front desk had Serverino bring up a wonderfully directed cake and bottles water. I was quite a surprise for her.

I enjoyed the live music and refreshments in the lobby. The hotel was not only nicely decorated, but everything was efficient. At one point I picked an old-fashioned looking phone by the elevator only to be surprised that it was actually a working phone. As it turned out I later needed to use the phone because I accidentally locked myself out of my room. Needless to say, someone brought the key up right away.

I used to stay at the Omni quite a bit, but now, I will always consider the Westin as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you JoMJo, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out many positive aspects of the property from the excellent customer service to the great ambiance. I am also very happy to know that Severino made your stay a great experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Prior to my stay here, I had never understood why people with mucho money will pay more (much more) for a hotel like this instead of a slightly less classy hotel nearby that offers free parking, free internet, and free breakfast at a lower price. I thought it was simply because of the design and aesthetics.

Having now stayed at my first Westin, I can see why people who can afford it would elect to stay at Westins regularly. The standard rooms are not huge, but very comfortable. The night before we had stayed at a nice, new hotel in downtown Austin and had a horrible experience with the A/C. How wonderful it was to come to the Westin and experience something akin to central air. The A/C was quiet and yet very effective. The beds were the most comfortable hotel beds that I've experienced in years. I slept solid, which is unusual for me in a hotel.

The shower head was uncommonly soothing. Both my wife and I spent extra time in the shower letting the rain-like drops massage our heads. Most enjoyable shower I have had in some time. My wife wants that shower head for our home now.

The only hassle is parking. If you are willing to pay for valet (around $35 per night) then there is nothing to worry about, although during the busiest hours you may have to wait longer for your car than if you had self-parked. The self-parking garage is across the street and is $15 per day with no in/out privileges. You do have in/out privileges if you valet park.

The hotel itself is right in the heart of the riverwalk and close to everything. The hotel restaurant serves tasty, high quality food and is not too horribly expensive.

The hotel service staff is top-notch, IMO. If Starwood's frequent stay program wasn't so crappy I might even consider changing from a Hyatt and Hilton guy into a regular Starwood guest.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you Braziliansoccerstar, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of our hotel from the location to the wonderful service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

The hotel is nice, the staff are awesome, the location is iffy at best. The hotel gift shop is terrible. They had 1 book....seriously....1 book. The sundries were all over the map....be sure to bring what you need or be prepared to travel at least 4 blocks to the nearest Walgreen's. Hotel housekeeping is almost comical, if it weren't for the fact you REALLY NEED SOMETHING. Each day they either forgot to finish making the bed (and no pillow cases) and bedding in disarray or they forgot (?) to leave wash cloths and hand towels. The room was immaculate, however. Got to the point we gave up. When we called for wash cloths (husband finally went to find a housekeeping cart....we waited 2 hours and they never came). All in all not bad though. Would never stay here again because location is not so hot and the hotel restaurant Zocca's (while rated high....we thought was Italian/tex mex....and that spells danger, danger Juan Luigi! This was a business/pleasure trip.

Room Tip: we were in room 439 and it was a lovely room
1  Thank sylviaroseva

Thank you Sylviaroseva, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out a few positives such as the quality of our hotel. An apology, at this point, would not make up for the numerous lapses in service you experienced while staying at our hotel. It is never our goal to inhibit the stay of our guests. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, was not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide. Thank you for your feedback and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I would like to take this moment to thank Tracy @ The Westin RiverWalk Hotel on such a blessing to me and my wife as we visited San Antonio once again. We always favor staying at the Westin and we always appreciate the great service and accommodations. Tracy went out of her way to make sure that we had a nice suite which was more than just "nice." We will visit again soon because we feel right at home at the Westin RiverWalk.

Dr and Mrs J R Williams

Room Tip: City view is better for us--we have experienced the River side as well
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you JRW, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing our many positive aspects of our hotel such as the outstanding service you received from Tracy. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I ate in the restaurant two nights in a row. The first night I had one of the top 3 steaks I have ever had anywhere, anytime. The Tuscan filet was butter soft, had a great flavor and was cooked to perfection. I almost had it again the second night but had the lamb chops instead and they were wonderful. We bragged on the food to our waiter an he had the executive chef George Paramithas come to the table so we could express our sentiments. I travel on business a good bit and I have had many steaks in my life but I would, without any reservation, recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. The food and service is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you Jim H, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your experience at Zocca. I am elated you enjoyed your meal from Zocca. The Executive Chef Jeff Foresman and Chef de Cuisine George Paramithas do an exceptional job in creating delicious meals. Thank you for dining with us and we hope to see you again.