4,304 results
All reviewseugene schlaffzocca restaurantthe riverheavenly bedcorner suiteroom servicebeautiful hotelvalet parkingthe entire staffconvention centerriverwalkconciergespgconferenceassociatealamobalconies
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My pleasant experience started before our family even arrived in Texas. I received a call from Ingrid at the Westin while we were waiting to board our plane in LAX. She thanked me for choosing Westin and proceeded to ask if there is anything she can do to make our stay a pleasant and memorable one. She did not make any promises, other than she will do her best, which was enough for me. She also inquired if we are celebrating something special.... Now that is a great way to make someone feel like a valued, special guest.

Ultimately my family and I were all very happy to be able to have a room with a small balcony overlooking the river. Yes, one of our two request was granted, and truly appreciated. Front desk was very warm and friendly and we enjoyed our chat with a young gentleman in the front desk. Check-in was pleasant and quick. My kids while waiting enjoyed the free dark chocolate by the check in area, and we took advantage of their "merienda" (free snacks) of cheese, fruit and crackers (you purchase the drinks and cocktails) while enjoying the relaxing music located in the welcoming lobby/sitting area before heading up to our room. Our room has two double beds, a desk, a nice armchair, and it was very comfortable and roomy enough for a family with two kids. I like it that there were sufficient number of hangers and our marble bathroom was bright and had enough room for our "stuff". The room temperature was perfect. Since everyone had their own IPads, iPhones, we were glad to have enough outlets right at the desk. It would have been wonderful to be able to have a dock for an iphone so we can play our own music though. Something the hotel may want to add to their rooms. Our beds were what we always expected from Westin - very comfortable.

The hotel is elegant without being stuffy. Location is one of the reasons I selected Westin. We were right at the Riverwalk within walking distance from the best restaurants in town, and one of them is right at the hotel. They also gave us the best recommendations on where to eat "Tex Mex" food. The Alamo, Ripley's, Museums all within walking distance. I felt so fortunate to have been able to visit this city as the Riverwalk is so beautiful and I am happy to have chosen this hotel. There is nothing like coming home to comfort and luxury after walking around in the heat. During our 4 nights stay at the Westin, we only used our rented van to and from the airport and when picking up and dropping off our son at the Airforce base (which was not very far). Their hotel lobby/sitting area is a welcoming, comfortable, cozy, luxurious place to spend time in. I will always have the wonderful memories of our son who is now officially an "Airman" (this is why we were in San Antonio in the first place), play card games with his siblings here. My husband and I enjoyed our free complimentary drinks while relaxing, listening to music in the lobby with our kids. Our family also used their expansive gym which had the best equipments. Their gym facility was very clean and large compared to so many other hotels I've been to.

The service staff I felt were sincerely happy to assist us. A phone call for extra towels and in less than a minute, someone was knocking at our door (that was too fast). A request for a small cot arrived quickly, and it was their heavenly cot. From the Valet staff to their waiter at the restaurant, we received nothing less than the best service during our stay. My only gripe- wifi in our room is not free. I will definitely return to the Westin Riverwalk Hotel if the opportunity allows, and recommend it to anyone I know who plans to visit San Antonio Texas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Riverwalk.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you thedreamvacation, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of the hotel from the location to the amazing service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Westin RiverWalk staff makes this hotel what it is: AMAZING FROM BEGINNING TO END!
Jose Alvarado, greeting associate, was there everyday to greet us and make sure our car was brought out safely and promptly. He genuinely cares about his guests and is great at directing them to where they need to go. Glenn, valet parking associate, went beyond any expectations of his job description. I forgot my cell phone in the car and did not realize it until I was in the room. He made sure I got it back safely and promptly. Friendly, courteous and caring. Made reservations for dinner at Zocca and Daniel was so accommodating and professional. His tableside manners, conversation and recommendations were sincere and helpful. Joe Luis, our server was hard working and in spite of being very busy, made time for all of his patrons. Serge Belanger, Outlet Manager, made it a point to come by our table to make sure our visit was all it was suppose to be. The professional, caring, friendly manner from Serge made me and my guest feel comfortable and very welcome. Serge exemplifies the embodiment of the staff at the Westin Riverwalk. Joe, bellman, was prompt, professional and friendly. He was great. Everyone from beginning to end: Front staff, house keeping, bellmen, hotel staff, gift shop staff, every single person was there to make us feel welcome and very much at home. Everyone should experience the Westin Riverwalk at least once in their lifetime!

Room Tip: I always ask for top floor room, away from elevator and ice machine. Any room at the Westin seems to be quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you Annie, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing our many positive aspects of the hotel from the amazing staff to the wonderful location. I am happy Jose, Glenn, Daniel, Joe L, Serge, Joe made your stay all the more special. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at the Westin while on vacation in San Antonio. It is a luxury hotel with excellent access to the river. Plenty of restaurants and sights to see within walking distance. Parking was inconvenient unless you have them valet. Great for babies, they brought up a crib at no charge and even offer diaper pails for use. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you Robert, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of our property from the location to the ambiance. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

The Westin in right on the Riverwalk, and a short walk to the Alamo, the location can't be beat. The lobby is spacious and has many inviting seating areas overlooking the Riverwalk. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Zocca. My only complaint is the fee for wi fi, which the Westin in Austin, where we stayed a week earlier, did no t charge.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you 26Travelfam, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for also pointing out various positive aspects of the hotel such as the location and the wonderful food from our amazing restaurant Zocca Cuisine d'Italia. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We checked into this Hotel to celebrate my Birthday and we were immediately treated like royalty. I was given a welcome card by Danita with 2 complementary drink coupons. When we were dining at the Italian restaurant one of the emplyees came over to say he heard it was my birthday and he treated us to 2 complimentary glasses of sangria wine and an amazing chocolate cake for my birthday. I also had a complimentary bottle of champagne and dessert waiting for me in the room as soon as I checked in. The Hotel went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate us and we will go back and stay there again. Thank you so much for the awesome service.

• Stayed: July 2013