“Perfect hotel at quiet site of Riverwalk”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Utrecht, Holland
“Perfect hotel at quiet site of Riverwalk”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you want to enjoy the river walk in San Antonio but not necessarily the really crowded part: this is your solution. A lovely Westin hotel with all the perks. Great room en service, friendly crowd, quick check in an check out. Excellent bed and amenities. Good bar (at the water) and a much better deal than the hotels closer to the congress center. if you are worried about the walk? It is an easy stroll along the riverwalk to the congress center (in approx 5-10 min)

Room Tip: Use your delta cross over possibilities!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jollenl
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you jollenl, we really appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,178)
  • Arabic first
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were there to celebrate our 33rd anniversary. We wanted to have a nice weekend away, and stay on the river. We looked at several hotels on the river and ended up booking the Westin, first off the pictures on the internet are deceiving. The only thing good I can say was the bed was comfortable. Check in time was 3pm little did we know we had to wait until 4:45pm to be able to get into our room, they did not even offer any kind of hospitality in fact they were rude about it. We should have cancelled and just left but we would have lost over 100 in cancelling. We were tired and just wanted to get ready to be able to go out and enjoy our anniversary. I then asked my husband to go and ask if we would get compensated for the long wait and they said they would give us a 50.00 voucher to use in their restaurant . The other thing was when we got to our room the tables were sticky with something and the mirror in the bathroom had fingerprints all over it so you knew it was not cleaned right. The next day when I went to reach for the stir stick to stir my coffee it was used, it had sugar all over it and was put back in with the clean....The staff was rude behind the counter, the only nice people were the bell hops. I will not recommend this place to anyone. For the price you stay here I've stayed at a lot nicer and cheaper and not rude.

Room Tip: don't stay here....
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dawn h
Thank you dawn h for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comment and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The staff was great and very helpful. The room was great! I had gone to San Antonio for work (was hosting an event, so I had lots of boxes), but was also doing a triathlon so I had all my tri gear and bike... and JR. Vazquez was super helpful in helping me in loading and unloading. Also, upon my return after my Triathlon, he was asking me how my race went - which was very personable and kind. I love this hotel and like to stay here every time I'm in San Antonio!!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Love, love, love this hotel. Second time staying here, both experiences excellent. Beautifully appointed room, Texas-elegant. The staff is wonderful, helpful and always available, never intrusive. The hotel's restaurant on the Riverwalk is in the perfect location -- set back a few steps from the walkway, so you have views and people watching (without people walking right behind your chair, which happens at a lot of other Riverwalk restaurants). Nice roomy balconies on the lobby level, furnished with couches, good place to sit and have a coffee and enjoy the outdoors with more privacy.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Last week our Federation held its annual Delegates Assembly in your hotel. I had a wonderful stay and all of your hotel staff was cordial and accommodating. I do want to recognize one of your staff members who stood out from the rest; his name was Omar Benitez. It seemed to me that Omar was the primary caregiver to our Board and all of our Board functions during our stay. I saw him at most of our functions. Omar was especially accommodating in his rendering of service to our Board. He recognized all the Board members, got similar with our personal diet restrictions and preferences….as an example one of our Board members has a gluten restriction and one is a vegetarian. Once Omar was aware of this he knew who to serve the special meals too without asking. A couple of our Board members prefer tea over coffee. Once Omar was aware of that he automatically accommodated those individuals with hot water and a selection of tea bags without asking. He was extremely polite and friendly and made me personally feel welcomed and comfortable away from home. My personal thanks to Mr. Benitez, I would encourage him to keep up the great work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hello James H, Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments and for telling us about Omar. We're certainly lucky to have him on our staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Nokomis
Reviewed 28 October 2013

As usual you never know quite what to expect when you book a hotel and we travel quite a bit. The Westin Riverwalk was a great choice.
Friendly staff, nice room with a view of the river. We really enjoyed the bar down by the Riverwalk
We ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious.
I left expensive sunglasses in my room and they were returned to me immediately with tracking information.
I liked the position of this hotel as it was at a tranquil part of the often busy area. We took the kids who are hard to please teens and they loved the Alamo, Tussauds waxworks and the riverboat. We had a great time!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at the Westin San Antonio in September 2013. I found an item in the lobby and I immediately turned it into the Front Desk. The next day, I checked if the item had been claimed and it had not. I was informed about the 30 day wait/security policy for all items to be claimed. Michael Patterson gave me the item number and encouraged me to call back on the item. On the 31st day, I called and spoke to the Security Officer, Christopher Aguilar. The item had already been removed from the security area. Officer Aguilar searched for the item and called me the next day to inform me that he found it!!!!!!!!! Next, the Westin sent the item by Fedex to me. Wow!

I appreciated the integrity and customer service of this travel expereince. We have stayed at the Westin San Antonio before and we are looking forward to our next stay in the very near furture!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business