“Wonderful experience all around”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful experience all around”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Very positive experience. The location was perfect; just located right on the river walk AND on a beautiful, quiet area of the walk but not far from shopping and eateries.

Checking in was painless and quick. Very nice lobby area and our room was nice and clean. The bathroom was a very nice size. Our room overlooked the river walk and it doesn't feel like your in a city center.

The bed was very comfortable and love their pillows. I normally go home with a crick in my neck from hotel pillows but not here. The hotel was pretty busy the weekend we were there but never felt like it. I highly recommend staying at this Westin!

Check out was easy too and they helped us get a cab. Exactly the kind of professional service I enjoy.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,179)
  • Arabic first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We didn't get to explore the hotel as much as I would have liked during our one night stay, but what we did see was great. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They even had a Westin dog bed and food bowls waiting in the room for my puppy! My only complaint is the lack of a self-parking option.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Hello Jenica V, Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments about our hotel and staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

From From the moment of pulling into valet we were given the most utmost inviting & courteous greetings.Rooms were very clean..beds were comfy & the shower was exhilarating. Raphael in Security went above & beyond even after check out to keep us feeling as if we were still guests of hotel. Westin Riverwalk will be our only hotel stay from now on.

• Stayed November 2013
Utrecht, Holland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you want to enjoy the river walk in San Antonio but not necessarily the really crowded part: this is your solution. A lovely Westin hotel with all the perks. Great room en service, friendly crowd, quick check in an check out. Excellent bed and amenities. Good bar (at the water) and a much better deal than the hotels closer to the congress center. if you are worried about the walk? It is an easy stroll along the riverwalk to the congress center (in approx 5-10 min)

Room Tip: Use your delta cross over possibilities!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jollenl
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you jollenl, we really appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were there to celebrate our 33rd anniversary. We wanted to have a nice weekend away, and stay on the river. We looked at several hotels on the river and ended up booking the Westin, first off the pictures on the internet are deceiving. The only thing good I can say was the bed was comfortable. Check in time was 3pm little did we know we had to wait until 4:45pm to be able to get into our room, they did not even offer any kind of hospitality in fact they were rude about it. We should have cancelled and just left but we would have lost over 100 in cancelling. We were tired and just wanted to get ready to be able to go out and enjoy our anniversary. I then asked my husband to go and ask if we would get compensated for the long wait and they said they would give us a 50.00 voucher to use in their restaurant . The other thing was when we got to our room the tables were sticky with something and the mirror in the bathroom had fingerprints all over it so you knew it was not cleaned right. The next day when I went to reach for the stir stick to stir my coffee it was used, it had sugar all over it and was put back in with the clean....The staff was rude behind the counter, the only nice people were the bell hops. I will not recommend this place to anyone. For the price you stay here I've stayed at a lot nicer and cheaper and not rude.

Room Tip: don't stay here....
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dawn h
Thank you dawn h for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comment and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The staff was great and very helpful. The room was great! I had gone to San Antonio for work (was hosting an event, so I had lots of boxes), but was also doing a triathlon so I had all my tri gear and bike... and JR. Vazquez was super helpful in helping me in loading and unloading. Also, upon my return after my Triathlon, he was asking me how my race went - which was very personable and kind. I love this hotel and like to stay here every time I'm in San Antonio!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Love, love, love this hotel. Second time staying here, both experiences excellent. Beautifully appointed room, Texas-elegant. The staff is wonderful, helpful and always available, never intrusive. The hotel's restaurant on the Riverwalk is in the perfect location -- set back a few steps from the walkway, so you have views and people watching (without people walking right behind your chair, which happens at a lot of other Riverwalk restaurants). Nice roomy balconies on the lobby level, furnished with couches, good place to sit and have a coffee and enjoy the outdoors with more privacy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business