“Ingrid Schmitt”

Ranked #6 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Angelo, Texas
“Ingrid Schmitt”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Never have I been called the day before my scheduled arrival at a hotel to ask if everything was alright and was this a special occasion. Never have I been called after checkin to see if the room was satisfactory. After I told Ms. Schmitt we were celebrating our anniversary, she ask "how many years?" When I told her "62 years," she was very congratulatory. The next evening after our walk and river boat ride, we returned to our room to find a bottle of chilled champagne, some candy and strawberries on a square of tile written "Happy 62nd Anniversary"! This was the high spot of our Anniversay weekend. Thank you Ingrid

3 Thank tbeauch
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Hello tbeauch,
First of all, let me also congratulate you on 62 years!

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments and for telling us about Ingrid. We're certainly lucky to have her on our staff.

Bill Petrella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We held our daughters wedding reception at the Westin Riverwalk. I can't say enough about the service and facilities, it was exceptional, from soup to nuts. Our vendor coordinator Brooke was outstanding, she kept everything organized with our large number of guests, 2 bands, photographers and florists. The bartenders and waiters were ultra courteous and naturally friendly. I wish I could mention all the names of the staff but those that standout are Jose Alvarado, JR Vasquez from guest services, Eugene Schlaff executive steward and Chris Aguilar security.
I normally don't take time to write reviews, but the team at Westin made my daughters wedding so perfect and WOW'ed both families so completely that I felt a review was more than warranted-Thank you Westin.

1 Thank Teresa G
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Thank you Clarissa for your personalized service. Your patience and extra care given to our children allergy needs made us your fan. We will definitely stay at Westin on our future trips. You are the best chef in San Antonio.

Happy Holidays,

Chhabra Family

Stayed December 2013
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Hello chhabra_rohit, Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments about Clarissa. We're certainly lucky to have her on our staff.

HENDERSON
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our first visit to San Antonio and we were blown away by the Riverwalk and especially the Christmas decorations. Accommodations were beautiful. However, this is the first Westin that we had to phone the desk for water and other bathroom amenities.Perhaps they were understaffed for Christmas??

Hi Judith W,
Thank you for commenting about your stay with us.

We apologize for the water and bathroom amenities mishap, it's certainly not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide.

We're happy to hear that you had a wonderful time by the Riverwalk and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I am going to start this off by saying that we stay here often and know the fine gentleman that owns the place. We take our grandkids here every year on the 26th of December and I have held company management functions here. The service is great and the view of the river is really nice. All the employees are nice and always take care of our needs. I really wish that they had never relocated the El Ricon bar but they found it necessary to do that. This place is convenient to everything downtown and the rooms are really comfortable. So, let me finish by saying that you can never really go wrong by staying at the Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Request a river view room and just sit out on the balcony and enjoy.
1 Thank Crudecows
HOUSTON
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The Westin in San Antonio has become my birthday celebration spot. The hotel is great and the service is excellent. What has made this a special place for me is the first time I met Eugene Schlaff. We were eating at the Zocca restaurant and Eugene had the staff bring me a special plate of ice cream and sang happy birthday to me. Since that time, there is always a special treat waiting in the room for me and my family. We try to visit San Antonio atleast 2-3 times a year. I cannot wait for my next stay at the Westin. Until then, I wish all of the Westin Riverwalk staff a prosperous New Year, R.Ledbetter

Room Tip: A room with a balcony facing the river is always a good choice and is fun!
Hello RoseMarieHouston,
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments. I'm happy to hear that you were taken care of on your birthday. We're lucky to have Eugene on our staff!

McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Just want to take a quick second to thank Eugene Schlaff for a great recommendation for one of the best hotels on the Riverwalk in San Antonio... The Westin!! By far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at and great service hands down. From the drive up to the hotel to the walk back to your car when its check out time you are treated like a king. Not to mention the food is excellent over at the Westin Riverwalk and the service also as well is Fantastic. Two thumbs up for this organization and kudos to all personal who make this possible. Once again, just want to say thanks again to a good friend who recommended this hotel.