“Service and the little things!”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #8 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Service and the little things!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel, mainly because we got such a great rate for a fabulous Riverwalk room both times! They also allow small pets at no extra charge and even provide a bed for them! Service was top notch and I love their environment friendly policy. The hotel interior is very nice and I love the little extras Westin provides - bottles water, chocolates, wine and cheese, robes, awesome beds, etc..

The location of this hotel is great - you can walk to everything. The only thing that I would not recommend is their SMALL spa - it is almost like they took a room and made it into the "spa"! No luxuries like a nice shower and toiletries, only one pedicure chair and massage room. Very cramped and their cancellation policy borders on ridiculous. Please, please, please renovate your spa Westin!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you Gatorgrrl68, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of our hotel such as the room amenities, hotel decor and the extras we provide.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Bill Petrella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,167)
  • Arabic first
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I just got married and we stayed in Westin Riverwalk for our honeymoon. We were given a huge discount by our friend, Ms. Martha Peddle, who works in the Banquet Service. She facilitated a lot for our booking, after some reservation issues with other local hotels. We were also amazed by the helping spirits of Emily, Tiarra and Grace in the Reception. These ladies are so nice and made us feel that we belong in Riverwalk for our stay. We also enjoyed our lunch dining at Zocca where we were served elegantly by Jessy and Pam. We enjoyed the food a lot, plus the warmly personal service of these two ladies, and other staff from the resto. This is my 2nd trip staying at Westin-Riverwalk, and it makes the experience more and more memorable, and exciting.

Room Tip: The bed, pillows and blankets are truly so heavenly...
1 Thank LigayaLeal
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Spent three nights here at a recent conference.
My wife is a celiac and the in Hotel restaurant, Zocca has a complete gluten free menu and was fabulous.
Emailed the hotel and Amanda, the sous chef, emailed us back with some excellent suggestions for local GF restaurants.

The location is great, right on the river walk.
Rooms are a good size and are very clean
They give you an option to go green and not get your linens/towels changed and get extra spy points

Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tack44
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Hi Tack44,
Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Zocca's gluten-free menu and that Chef Amanda was able to help you out with suggestions.

Thank you again for choosing the Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I just had an Outstanding stay at this property and look forward to my next visit there.

Before leaving home on this trip, I received a "welcome can we help you" email. Pretty stock--just like many other Starwood emails I have received in the past. I did have a request regarding my check-in, so I replied to their note. Usually, I would get a stock "we try to see what we can do" reply. However, this time it was different and the credit goes to a guy named Leo Ehring.

Leo responded with a personal email telling me that he had handled my request AND by talking with the person in charge of the rooms was able to also secure an upgraded room for me. Upon arrival, check-in was a breeze. I was handed an envelope addressed to me and I took it up to my room. The room was fabulous! It was a Jr. Suite and perfectly maintained. The envelope was a handwritten welcome note from Leo along with a much unexpected welcoming gift.

By the way, Leo also sent me an email upon my return home to make sure that my stay was enjoyable.

The property was well located on the Riverwalk. It has great features--including a very nice spa. And ALL of the staff are extremely friendly and most helpful.

I highly recommend this hotel to you and when you go there please tell Leo I said "hello".

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Herdlinger
Hello Herdlinger, Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments and for telling us about Leo. We're certainly lucky to have him on our staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Came here to celebrate anniversary with my wife. The director of security personally greeted me in advance, upgraded my room, and gave us free drink passes. Can't ask for much more than that. Never been disappointment at the Westin Riverwalk!

Hello Justinfl10,
Happy anniversary and thank you for choosing the Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio.

We're glad to see that you had a nice time. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Great room with beautiful view overlooking the river. Was central walking to all places. After we left we realized I left a necklace in the room that we had just purchased. Called the hotel several hours after we had left and raphael from security was able to track down my necklace with the cleaning lady crystal that had found it! Getting it shipped back to me! Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2014
New York
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our 3 night stay very much. The room had a lovely city view and overlooked the pool area. The balcony and sliding glass door was very nice and we enjoyed standing outside while taking in the view of the river walk below. The staff is exceptional. I especially appreciated the doormen and valet staff. They were extremely attentive, friendly and polite. Our room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Our coffee pot didn't work but they have a convenient cafe in the lobby that brews Starbucks. The barista was very quick and efficient. We didn't dine in the restaurant but we did have drinks and they still brought us warm fresh bread that was delicious. This was an extremely pleasant stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you kym72, we really appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!