“Outstanding Hospitality Gatekeepers”

Ranked #6 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Matteson, Illinois
“Outstanding Hospitality Gatekeepers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I just completed a 4 day stay at this property and was blown away by the attentive service and professionalism of the staff!

Had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager, Bill, who showed genuine interest in my stay, as well as, the Operations Director, Danita, who personally offered activities and dining options. Each time I approached the entrance doors to the property, I was always greeted by the door staff, who engaged me in conversation. The valet service was prompt in delivering my car and very friendly!

Each morning I ate breakfast in the hotels restaurant and upon my being seated, Pam, my waitress, remembered my breakfast preferences and saw to it that my dining experience was enjoyable.

Being in the hospitality industry myself, I take great pride in those that imbue what the industry is about.

If you're going to be away from home and have to stay in a hotel, why not do it in one that will treat you like they truly have an interest in your comfort and satisfaction.

Great job Westin San Antonio River Walk Team

Room Tip: I was on the river walk side and could not hear the river cruise boats at all. So, this worked very...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

The first morning at the hotel I was awaken by the jerk in the room next to me turning on the news at 5:45 am at the highest volume and then leaving the room. A call to Security to resolve the problem. It is no the hotels fault that guest can be inconsiderate jerks. My second night I had to change rooms upon returning from dinner as sewer gas had overtaken my room and it was making me sick. While inconvenient the hotel handled the situation well and to my satisfaction. I did find the street noise to be extremely loud all the time. There is a city bus stop at the hotel and the sound of large diesel engine woke me all night, even up on the 14th floor. In my first room upon arrival at my room the floor was messy, as in it had m&m's from the previous guest on the floor and the desk had crumbs all over it. The room was a bit run down. For over $200 a night I suppose I expected a little more. I stayed at the hotel 13 years before and I'm not sure much has changed in those 13 years. The beds were comfortable and the overall apperance of the hotel common areas was nice. The hotel could benefit from some well-placed signs on how to get to the Riverwalk. I have been to the hotel on several occasion and I have a hard time getting to the Riverwalk almost every time and I am not directionally challenge either.

Room Tip: Ask for the Riverwalk side of the hotel not the street side.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you AggieVixen for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comment and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

Wapakoneta, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just returned from another wonderful stay at the Westin Riverwalk and once again were overwhelmed at the personal attention the staff gives their guests. Before we even arrived we received emails from the assistant manager, Ingrid Schmidt, welcoming us back and asking how she could make our stay even more enjoyable. Between her and Concierge, David Swift, we felt like we were going to visit family (family you really like that is!). Our stay began as a business trip for my husband and extended into a get away weekend. Beyond the top notch service (including the manager at Zocca), the beauty of the hotel and the amenities of the pool, spa and fitness center, you just can't beat the central location of this resort.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the Riverwalk view room. It's so worth it. Also look into any special de...
1 Thank Mamalisa2013
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hello Mamalisa2013,
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments and for telling us about Ingrid and David. We're certainly lucky to have them on our staff!

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Associates who met us as we drove up were exceptional! They are so friendly and helpful finding directions and just down right nice. Thank you Oscar! and all the others who were so helpful with our vehicle and genuine. You make us want to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from any service rooms. There was a loud bang noise every hour all night long...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Westin Riverwalk Hotel Staff always have a smile on their face and bend over backwards to please customers regardless of size of event or reason for stay. We are so pleased with the service. Jorge Galindo, Erik Sanchez are simply exceptional

Honeoye Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

David Smith was very helpful and did a great job arranging flowers and dinners for Valentine's Day guests. I referred to him as Cupid.
The location of the Westin on the Riverwalk was so convenient to everything.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello djsnyder,
Thank you for your comment! While we are very proud of all our staff, we always love reading nice comments about specific individuals. We're certainly lucky to have David.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were here for a business conference and stayed a few extra days. So happy we did! The staff was great- spectacular actually. Jorge and Armando were excellent!
Our room was plenty big, luxurious, had a huge balcony, and the housekeeping did a great job. I needed a suit pressed, no problem. More coffee, no problem. The pool was terrific, luckily we had a 92 degree day there so it was perfect. Zocca was very nice, the breakfasts were fabulous, the business breakfasts, lunches and our awards dinner menu and foods were amazing.
I never had to open the door in the lobby myself- not sure what a previous reviewer was talking about.
The riverwalk, what can you say? Just unbelieveable.
It was so great we are planning a personal trip!

Room Tip: Try to get a riverview room- the rooms facing the street are a bit louder- this was valentines weeke...