“Wonderful customer service, gorgeous hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #6 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful customer service, gorgeous hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Danita could not have made us feel more at home during the weekend at the Westin Riverwalk. When we checked in, McKenzie greeted us and wished my boyfriend a Happy Birthday, as I'd mentioned that occasion in my reservation. We had a beautiful room with balconies overlooking the river - mind you, the Westin is located on the quiet end of the Riverwalk, which is by far preferable if you're hoping to relax. We enjoyed a dip in the heated pool, were treated to complimentary glasses of wine of Zocca, and truly had a great experience.

I highly recommend the Westin if you're coming either for business travel, a weekend away, or otherwise.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank McKenna B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,144)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Riverwalk this past weekend and it was a great experience! All employees were helpful beyond their duties and our room was top notch! Everyone treated us SO NICELY, we felt like royalty! Zocca was amazing and delicious! Thank you so much for an incredible and unforgettable time. We will be back!

Kristy Hernandez
Sales and Event Manager
Howl at the Moon

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hello Kristy H,
Thank you for the kind words and for staying at the Westin Riverwalk and dining at Zocca.

We hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I brought my wife from the cold north of Ontario to San Antonio for a very special birthday.
I made my booking on the internet and was very surprised and pleased to receive a telehone call the next day from Mr. Joe Fraga, Director of Engineering & Security. He welcomed me to the hotel and offered to make reservations or other arrangements.
Upon arrival, the staff greeted us in a most friendly manner and were supportive of any further requests during our stay..
We dined at Zocca three times and were pleased with the meals and service.
Our room overlooking the Riverwalk was well worth the premium.
The weather turned very cold but the warm hospitality of the staff made up for the cold temperatures.
All-in-all, a pleasant stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you, Joe Fraga.
I recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had a great stay at the Westin Riverwalk. We were in town for the Commodity Classic. I had the opportunity to dine at Zocca and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend it. Everything we did was within walking distance which helped immensely. The room was very clean and ready upon my arrival. We ended up leaving in a hurry because of a flight cancellation & having to take an earlier flight and I forgot my wrist brace in the room. I phoned the hotel when I reached home and spoke with Raphael Hanson, security officer, and he was very helpful in finding the brace and returning it to me promptly. He even followed up with me and gave me the tracking number for my brace. I was very impressed with his professionalism. I would definitely stay here again and will be bringing my family with next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was part of a large meeting at the Westin and did not stay there, but had a number of group meals there. Because of a food allergy, I need to be very cautious of what I eat. At the first of the meals, Associate Omar Benitez took care of me. At each subsequent meal, he found me, remembered my issue and made sure that I did not have a problem. Mr. Benitez is a fantastic representative of The Westin Riverwalk. If you are there for a function and have any dietary concerns, look him up. He will take care of you.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Rockwall, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a great Westin, above average compared to many I've visited. Our room was not ready upon checkin, (we were after the checkin time), but it was ready within 10-15 minutes. We had a corner river view room with two balconies. The room seemed small for a suite, but it was comfortable and quiet. The open air downstairs bar was relaxing and welcoming. While we did not have meals at the hotel, we heard from other guests the Zocca restaurant was excellent. Valet was quick and ultra efficient, which can be an enigma in downtown San Antonio. Overall great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Drraody,
Thank you for the kind words and for staying at the Westin Riverwalk.

We hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I booked this hotel for my family. the location was perfect for my family, it wasn't so busy outside. All the staff was wonderful. We ordered the brownie and vanilla crunch cake from room service for a late night dessert, it was very good. The only downfall of our stay was the carpets in the room, they definitely turn your feet black!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family