“awesome hotel”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #9 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My fiancee and another couple spent St. Patricks day weekend at this hotel, checked in March 14, 2014 and checked out March 18, 2014. We arrived early Friday, just shortly after noon and they allowed us to check in early which was great. The rooms we originally were supposed to have did not have a balcony, so we asked the young lady at the front desk (Grace) if it would be possible to have rooms with balconies, she hit a few keystrokes and upgraded our room, no extra charge. The rooms that we had were very clean, and the housekeeping each day was timely and very efficient. Prior to making this trip I had read some reviews that were not very favorable regarding some of the staff and the quality of the rooms, my experience could not have been any better. I am glad we chose the Westin, visit the hotel bar downstairs, the bartenders on Sunday evening were great ladies, I think it was Casey and Daily, they were a lot of fun and make very good drinks. Thanks to the Westin staff for making our weekend great.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,142)

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Convenient location with quiet and nice access to Riverwalk. We had an early checkin. The room was clean and nice. The staff was warm and dedicated. During our stay we left a baby blanket. We are very thankful that the security officer Raphael H. followed up and returned it to us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hello EJ,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of our hotel such as the convienient location, our rooms and our staff. I'm glad to hear that Raphael was able to return your item.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The Westin Riverwalk is a phenomenal hotel. The architecture and design are beautiful and the service is impeccable. I stayed at the hotel for four nights and it was the best stay I have ever had in any hotel. The beds and amenities in the room were fantastic. From the moment I arrived to the moment I departed, the staff impressed me in every encounter. As someone who works in the hospitality industry, I saw the personality traits and work ethic required for a high end, luxury hotel. Bill Petrella, the General Manager, really cares about the guests and the quality of service in the hotel. I also encountered Michael Dudeck, the Director of Food and Beverage, who was especially helpful in providing catering for the meetings and events during the week. Sean Massay, Kim Smith, and Lori Thiemann from the Sales Department provided excellent accommodations and service during my stay as well. From the housekeeping staff to the front desk to the servers, I experienced service that exceeded my expectations. Lastly, I must mention Zocca as it is an exceptional Italian restaurant located in the hotel on a serene part of the Riverwalk. The food is fantastic and the atmosphere is perfect. Absolutely the best meal that I had while visiting San Antonio. I highly recommend this hotel to any and all! For business, group, or vacation, it is without a doubt the best hotel in the area!

Room Tip: If a suite is available, upgrade. The suites are spacious, comfortable, and luxurious. Absolutely wo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We spent our honeymoon in San Antonio 20 years ago and vowed the next time we came we would stay on the Riverwalk. We chose The Westin because the reviews stated on the quiet part of the RW. We are so glad that we did. The hotel is a convenient walk to most everything. It is a beautiful hotel, all of the staff are very accomodating. It was nice to have the bellhop open the door on the few times we went out the front. They will also call a taxi if needed. It is a shame that the previous poster didn't know about the entrance/exits on the RW side.The fact that there are bathrooms right there is a plus as sometimes needed when one returns. The cocktails we had from the bar were great, breakfast in Zocca was great. We didn't get a chance to have dinner. The bed was indeed "heavenly" In fact, I am considering buying one for us it was that great. I usually wake up achy and did not the entire week even though we walked about everywhere. My only negative is the coffee maker. We had to keep turning it back on to get 1 cup out of it. We love San Antonio and hope it won't be 20 years before we return and when we do, we will stay at the Westin.

Room Tip: Stay on the Riverwalk side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susie/Tenn

Hello Susie,
Happy anniversary and thank you for choosing us on this special occasion!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had an awesome time! The staff was very accomodating and friendly. It is located right on the Riverwalk and convenient to a variety of activities. We had a room with a balcony and could look out into the pool area and the river. The room was very nice, comfortable and had all the amenities we needed. I emailed Ingrid S. ahead of time to let her know I was celebrating my 50th and she was very quick to reply and made sure our stay was a pleasant, enjoyable, and memorable one. Thank you to all of the staff (especially Ingrid) for making our stay special. I would stay there again and would highly recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Higher, balcony floors are nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Both of us are sore after sleeping 2 nights here.

Quite overpriced.

Balcony is not one for relaxing. It's just a tiny one. I had expected a chair to sit on to relax out over the riverwalk, but no.

No back exit to the riverwalk that I could find. You have to go out the front door into the traffic of the all the Hummers parked out front and go around the block and down to the riverwalk. If there is indeed an exit, it was not apparent and I didn't find it.

Seems clean enough.

So crowded with big families, lots of small children.

Coffee is terrible and way overpriced.

Nice that they have 24 hour room service options.

One would think that with a $350 per night price tag, internet should be included, but no. It's $7.53 for 2 hours or $15.13 per day. That's gouging.

Staff was fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you pearl for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. However, it is unfortunate to read that you did not experience 100% guest satisfaction during your visit.

I'm sorry you didn't find your balcony to your satisfaction, perhaps next time you stay with us you might try the rooms with a terrace. Also, I'm sorry you had to walk out of the front of our hotel to get to the river walk. We have several exits to the riverwalk from our bottom floor, I wish you had asked one of our staff members to avoid this inconvenience.

Thank you again for your comments and we sincerely hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Westin Riverwalk is a conveniently located downtown hotel. Short walk to the Alamo, Rivercenter shops, the Convention Center and a wide assortment of restaurants both on or near the Riverwalk. The Westin has very comfortable rooms maintained by a very pleasant and dedicated staff. Sikira took excellent care of our room. The lobby is bright and comfortable. The restaurant food was enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hello WorldTraveler332,
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments and for recognizing Sikira.

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!