“Awesome location and great service!”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #6 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
San Diego, California
“Awesome location and great service!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I chose this location mainly because it is on the Riverwalk. I didn't have to walk far to get to all the main places! It is about 2 blocks away from the Alamo and 1 block away from the city trolley that takes you to the Market Plaza. We were here for a weekend getaway with my 4 yr old and I couldn't believe how much fun he had! The concierge comp'ed us tickets for The Riverwalk boat tour, which was very interesting. I loved the history and my kid loved the boat ride. They have an evening reception between 5-7pm with complimentary fruits, crackers, cheese, and a cash bar next to it. It was nice since we happened to go back to the hotel to rest. There were plenty of food left at 5:50pm but I did see that they replenished it all at 6pm for others that might come later expecting it. Well done Westin. Zocca restaurant was awesome. The panini with salad was so good we ate lunch there 2 days in a row! Price was very good for the portion size! Maybe bc California is overpriced, but I thought everything on the Riverwalk was decently priced! The heat pool was small, but my kid still had fun swimming in it :) The heavenly beds were awesome as always. The parking was a pricey $35 so we opted to park across the street for $16. Overall we had fun and will be returning :)

• Stayed March 2014
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi Sharon,
I'm glad to hear that you and your family had a nice time. Thank you for your nice comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,175)
  • Arabic first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Westin Hotel-Riverfront March 4-8,2014.
We enjoyed our stay very much. Housekeeping left a lot to be desired......1st day we had no toiletries in the room and had to go to the front desk to get a small supply. The next day we had no washcloths and the bathroom sink and counter had not been wiped up nor had the table in the bedroom been cleaned.....then the third day the toiletries were gone and the was ONE washcloth. Also I noticed the rug had not been vacuumed.

We had paid for a river view room with a balcony and we got a room on the main street.

The main highlight of the stay at the Westin-Riverfront was the Concierge, David Swift. He was wonderful. He gave us tips and directions to The Alameda....he went the extra mile to call for two days to get us on a tour of the Hill Country.....we got the tour and enjoyed it very much.
The last day we were there, he helped me get our boarding passes on Alaska Air only to find out that 2 of the 3 printers in the Business area were out of order. He had to return to his desk, but I got on a computer that worked with the printer....Feilix(missed his last name) stayed by my side while I obtained the boarding passes and made sure they printed out OK. Fernando Coronado listened to my complaints, bought us breakfast at the Cafecita and enrolled me Westin's special guest program.

I think the only complaint I had was with the housekeeping service.....very poor for a highend hotel.

Charlotte Nelson

Room Tip: Check out what kind of room you paid for when you register and make sure that is the room you get...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Charlotte,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time and enjoyed our hotel. As far as the housekeeping issue, I'm sorry you didn't experience 100% guest satisfaction and I'll be sharing your comments with our housekeeping team.

Thank you again for the comment and for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Earth
Reviewed 28 March 2014

San Antonio is a busy city circled by a giant highway system. Fortunately, directions from the hotel website were easy to follow. At the hotel entrance, we were greeted by an enthusiastic group of friendly valet and bell staff. Check-in was perfect and we were quickly shown to our eleventh floor room overlooking the Riverwalk. The room itself was comfortably furnished and very clean though the furniture itself could benefit from a facelift. One minor complaint is that the king size bed was very hard, and not as comfortable as those in other similar properties such as the Hyatt.

The lobby of the hotel was lovely in an old fashioned, grand hotel kind of way. Lots of people mingling about, enjoying the day gave the place a lovely ambience. Entrance to the Riverwalk was through another elevator on the Riverwalk side of the lobby, which was complemented by a staircase to the lower level with immediate access to the Riverwalk. Outside the Westin's restaurant, Zocca, also on the Riverwalk level, is a lovely sitting area to have cocktails and/or dinner and watch the tourist boats and taxis pass.

Lovely property, quiet location and pet friendly. Very convenient to the Convention Center.

Valet parking with in and out service was about $38 including tax. However, a parking garage is located directly across the street where all day parking (no in and out) is available for $16.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello boudecca,
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A really exceptional hotel. The staff was perfect in every regard, especially David and Danielle at the Concierge desk. They were priceless with their help for first time visitors to the city. They both helped to make our visit extremely enjoyable. Our only difficulty came in the hotel restaurant. The food was delicious, but the service was pretty slow. That is the only area that needs some improvement. Otherwise, you can't go wrong choosing this fine facility.

Room Tip: Get a suite overlooking the River Walk.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

My fiancee and another couple spent St. Patricks day weekend at this hotel, checked in March 14, 2014 and checked out March 18, 2014. We arrived early Friday, just shortly after noon and they allowed us to check in early which was great. The rooms we originally were supposed to have did not have a balcony, so we asked the young lady at the front desk (Grace) if it would be possible to have rooms with balconies, she hit a few keystrokes and upgraded our room, no extra charge. The rooms that we had were very clean, and the housekeeping each day was timely and very efficient. Prior to making this trip I had read some reviews that were not very favorable regarding some of the staff and the quality of the rooms, my experience could not have been any better. I am glad we chose the Westin, visit the hotel bar downstairs, the bartenders on Sunday evening were great ladies, I think it was Casey and Daily, they were a lot of fun and make very good drinks. Thanks to the Westin staff for making our weekend great.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Convenient location with quiet and nice access to Riverwalk. We had an early checkin. The room was clean and nice. The staff was warm and dedicated. During our stay we left a baby blanket. We are very thankful that the security officer Raphael H. followed up and returned it to us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hello EJ,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of our hotel such as the convienient location, our rooms and our staff. I'm glad to hear that Raphael was able to return your item.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The Westin Riverwalk is a phenomenal hotel. The architecture and design are beautiful and the service is impeccable. I stayed at the hotel for four nights and it was the best stay I have ever had in any hotel. The beds and amenities in the room were fantastic. From the moment I arrived to the moment I departed, the staff impressed me in every encounter. As someone who works in the hospitality industry, I saw the personality traits and work ethic required for a high end, luxury hotel. Bill Petrella, the General Manager, really cares about the guests and the quality of service in the hotel. I also encountered Michael Dudeck, the Director of Food and Beverage, who was especially helpful in providing catering for the meetings and events during the week. Sean Massay, Kim Smith, and Lori Thiemann from the Sales Department provided excellent accommodations and service during my stay as well. From the housekeeping staff to the front desk to the servers, I experienced service that exceeded my expectations. Lastly, I must mention Zocca as it is an exceptional Italian restaurant located in the hotel on a serene part of the Riverwalk. The food is fantastic and the atmosphere is perfect. Absolutely the best meal that I had while visiting San Antonio. I highly recommend this hotel to any and all! For business, group, or vacation, it is without a doubt the best hotel in the area!

Room Tip: If a suite is available, upgrade. The suites are spacious, comfortable, and luxurious. Absolutely wo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business