“Hospitality at its finest!!”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #9 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I recently visited San Antonio during Fiesta, I have relatives that live their. I asked for a hotel
Recommendation , they had mentioned the Hotel Contessa. So that is were we stayed but that is a whole other review.
Our first morning after a very long travel day we a woke at 645am to hotel renovations above our room, then within 1/2 hour the hotel had an emergency and we were evacuated,
Upon running down 10 flights of stairs we asked our the bellman for the closest Starbucks, and he said in the Westin, so we proceeded to The Westin Hotel, the outside restaurant Zocco looked so inviting on the Riverwalk decided to stay for breakfast.
We were greater by a very friendly waiter named Angel , and I just need to say he turned our bad morning into a good one. We had a wonderful breakfast, and told him our story and how refreshing it was to be there.
He proceeded to tell his manager Jose, Jose came to our table and apologized for all our troubles we were experiencing at our hotel. The way he handled it was very professional, never putting down our hotel. They ended up comping our breakfast, which was not necessary .
But turned our day around not because of the money, but because of the hospitality we received .
After we checked out of our hotel 2 days later, we went back to the Westin to enjoy another breakfast and see our Angel.
When we do Terran to San Antonio it will be to stay at The Westin on the Riverwalk.
I have been in the hospitality business for over 35 years, and over those years have dealt with a lot of staff, Jose and Angel are two of the finest!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank rockport54
Write a ReviewReviews (4,142)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I read a lot of good reviews and for a four star hotel and the price we paid to stay here I was expecting a lot more for the rooms. The bed was super hard and my back is killing me because of it. It is very loud where we are. Pillows are filthy!! I do nott like that there is no amenities. Nothing. There is no vending machine!! I could not even get a can of pop. They have one of those mini bars that charge $5.00 for a candy bar in the room but that is it. I wanted a king size bed and they didn't have one. Gave us two double beds and they were so little my husband and I couldn't sleep together. There is a charge for parking, there is a charge for the interent and in fact per device! The Lobby was beautiful and the staff very nice but so not worth the price. For the room and lack of amenities. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on 9th Floor, i dont know if lower floors have better water pressure or not. Was another iss...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hello Debbie,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment about the Westin Rieverwalk hotel. Our operational teams have been informed about your experience.

Thank you for staying with us and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We celebrated our 23rd Wedding Anniversary. We heard nothing but great comments about this hotel
From the moment we drove up we where treated like royalty. They immediately approached our doors and greeted us and offered assurance. Next upon entrance into the hotel the beautiful decor and the warm reception given at check in was amazing!!! My wife was saying babe I already know this stay is going to be a memory of a lifetime! It truly was the hotel and our room was nice and clean. The heavenly bed is definitely heaven sent!!!
The amazing cleaning staff cleaned our rooms quickly and with excellence every time... When we made our way to the amazing talk of the town Zocca for breakfast and lunch and dinner :) yes it could be said that we became addicted to Zocca lol
The food was AMAZING - words can't explain- you have to try it for yourself. I believe the food was amazing because the staff and managers of Zocca were amazingly professional, helpful, and always making us feel like we were royalty and as we looked around they were like this with every guest. The crew worked amazingly hard always with a smile and cheerful word they made great suggestions for the menu and they provided us with informtion about sites etc. I was so impressed with the waiters and waitress can't remember all their names but one was Angel, a young lady with long black hair these guys waited on us and we saw the. At least twice a day and each time they went out their way to make us and all the guest feel Amazingly special while providing each one of us with prompt and excellentservice. Without a doubt after meeting and shaking hands to day with the morning and evening managers my wife and I realized that this excellant team of workers where a reflection of their cheerful and flexible pitch in and help out managers. They were out greeting us it was amazing!!!!How did I miss the beautiful view the Zocca has dinning tables outside on the riverwalk. I almost forgot they have the most memorable anniversary dessert you have to ask for it too cute !!! You're right their during the day or night enjoying the river activities and eating. This anniversary was 5 STARS and we owe it all to Riverwalk Westin!!!! Everything in walking distance EXCELLANT location!!! The Westin is definitely on our list for next year!!!! Absolutely BREATH TAKING!!!! A MUST VISIT for family or romantic get always!!! P.S. they have a 5 o'clock lobby wind down gathering music and light snacks!
Awesome Anniversary
Thomas & Laura

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Testify4
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our suite was comfortable and attractive. The Riverwallk was right outside the door, and extremely attractive scenery during brunch. The hot cocoa from the bar after a rainy escapade late at night was really a beautiful touch.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MedievalMermaid

Hi GretchynSays,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We loved our stay at The Westin Riverwalk! The location is perfect, views of the Riverwalk are beautiful, and the staff was incredible. Every single staff member treated us so nicely. When we left and I was at the airport, I realized I had left my phone charger in our room. I called immediately and Amanda, a Security Associate was quick to confirm that it had been found and she immediately mailed it out to me! Great service, and a lovely and VERY clean hotel. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adrienne S
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were in town for business and had dinner at Zocca. We inquired about any off the menu items and were pleasantly surprised when Clarissaleon appeared table side and assured us that she would be more than happy to take special requests. We all had the Sea Bass prepared different ways with different sides. You can tell she does her work with a big heart and lots of love. Thanks for the great meal and great evening. We will be back soon!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kallicunningham
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a fantastic stay there but I left our spare car key. When I could not find it after we returned home, I called the hotel and asked the security man, Raphael Hanson, if anyone had turned it in. I thought that I might have left it in our room in a drawer in the bathroom. Raphael found it and called me back immediately. He was able to get it in the mail promptly and I received it the next day! I hope we can stay in the hotel again, soon. The food is great, eating on the River Walk a joy, wonderful staff and I want to thank Raphael in person!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Betty O

Hello Betty,
Glad to hear that your key was found and returned! Thanks for mentioning Raphael; he does a great job for us!

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!