“Never Disappoints”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #12 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was our sixth visit to San Antonio and our sixth stay at the Westin Riverwalk. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The heavenly bed is truly heavenly and the service is top-notch. We have always felt valued as a guest when staying at this hotel. Although everyone we came in contact with was extremely helpful, on this visit we were particularly impressed with Jaime and Severino from room service, Kitt from the pool bar, and David and Mackenzie at the front desk. We look forward to our next opportunity to return to San Antonio and the Westin Riverwalk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,176)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband and I cannot say enough about this hotel. We continue to come back here as it sits nestled in a perfect little spot at the beginning of the Riverwalk where it is not too busy or crowded.
The River views are amazing from their king room with balconies. The heavenly bed and bath experiences are truly just that.
Many hotels say they offer gluten-free menu options, but we have gotten sick at their hotels each time due to cross-contamination or misunderstanding of what gluten-free means.

At the Westin Riverwalk however, each time that we have eaten here the staff and even the chef come out to meet us to ensure our options are to our food allergy needs and to our culinary desires. On this trip chef Amanda Lindquist came out to speak with us about their brunch options and we had the
most delectable crab cakes lunch as well as crab cake
hollandaise eggs. Our server
Paul Valdez was so warm and hospitable to each of our gluten-free needs.

Each time I husband and I take a getaway here at the Westin River Park in San Antonio we always leave refreshed, filled with memories of their warm hospitality, excellent hotel amenities, and delectable gluten free food.

• Stayed: May 2014
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hello Gftc,
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments about our rooms, our gluten-free menu options, and our staff. Both Amanda and Paul are great and we're lucky to have them.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a charity run in San Antonio and decided to stay the weekend. The weather was nice and sunny so we decided to stay at the Westin because of the nice pool area and the fact that the hotel was right in the Riverwalk.
Our stay consisted of swimming pretty much the whole time besides two excursions to the Riverwalk. The staff at the pool was great especially Kitt. She was very attentive to all of the guest and made great specialized drinks like a Mojito with Mango!

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the street and rooms facing the Riverwalk. There are also rooms with balconys...
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Beautiful building, nice rooms, ok location. The Westin is on Riverwalk but if you don't get a Riverwalk view, you are looking directly into a parking garage. I am a Starwood member and did not get an upgraded room, did not feel like my business mattered and the check in process was painfully long. With long lines, there were only two people working the front desk. Our first few days in San Antonio were at another large hotel and it was an excellent experience. Comparing two hotels in similar category, it is an easy choice when I return to San Antonio. The room at the Westin was clean and updated with good amenities but the hair dryer was very outdated. I did not like their environmental policy at all. I was asked at check in if I wanted a $5 voucher for not having fresh towels or cleaned room. I said no and was signed up anyway. Others had this experience, too. I had the room cleaned once and received a voucher for the other day. We were not able to use the voucher for anything except in the restaurant. We ate breakfast at the hotel one morning and it was very good but quite expensive. This hotel is lovely but it is not "warm".

Room Tip: Riverview would be best but ask to see the room before you check in.
2  Thank CZI777

Hello CZI777,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments.

Thank you for staying with us and we sincerely hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Westin Riverwalk = Welcoming Respite. I don't know of another downtown San Antonio four star riverwalk hotel that does a better job with welcomes: two courteous staff members always ready to smile, welcome, & open front doors; Westin white tea lobby fragrance; unexpected nice welcome back email and check in note from Exec. Asst. to the Gen. Mgr. Ingrid Schmidt; tasty fruit-filled smoothly-spiced sangria complimented by live latin guitar music in the lobby (don't miss it!)

Room Tip: River view is nice but don't discount cityside view from a high floor. This visit decided to upg...
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Such a fabulous hotel! I stayed here for a weekend getaway as one of my favorite bands were playing in town, and I'm so glad I did! This was my very first time in San Antonio, and therefore I was trying to pick a hotel that would be close enough to everything without being too noisy or touristy, and the Westin was great being right on the Riverwalk. Given how bad traffic is in that part of town, I really enjoyed have the valet service, and it never took too long to get my car, which is a nice change in comparison to other hotels I've stayed at. Everyone was so friendly, and all the staff members were very helpful.

The room was fantastic. I had a balcony room with a great view, which was great to wake up to every morning. And the "Heavenly Bed" was truly heavenly, very comfortable. I slept like a baby both nights. And everything in the room was pristine, which is a big deal for me. If a room isn't clean when I get into it, it truly ruins the stay. But I didn't have that problem at all! And the complimentary water I received in the room came in very handy after taking long walks on the Riverwalk.

The room service was also quite good! If you choose to get room service, make sure that you get one of the desserts. So worth it!

Overall, a wonderful stay at a beautiful hotel! Can't wait to stay there again!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony, very much worth the extra!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spent 4 nights at then Westin San Antonio Riverwalk, and found it very comfortable and service was excellent. I had a great experience. The decor was tasteful. The front desk staff was very professional and courteous. I loved the valet services. I highly recommend this hotel and would easily stay again.

Room Tip: My experience was with the spa room, which were spacious, and the bed was scrumptious. View was lim...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Gloriana,
Thank you for taking the time to leave you valuable feedback about our hotel.

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.