“Staff is eager to help, clean room”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #7 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas
“Staff is eager to help, clean room”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed for two nights over the weekend to go to SeaWorld and the Riverwalk. The valet attendants were very friendly and helpful with our bags, the bellman helped us to our room and took away the crib that we decided we didn't need (brought our own pack-n-play), and each call to Service Express was a pleasant experience. My dad (in connecting room) called for extra towels and coffee on the second day and they showed up in about three minutes. He was very impressed. Each time we left the hotel the staff assisted us with directions without us even having to ask. They actually came up and asked how they could help. The rooms were clean and the a/c worked very well. We had balconies overlooking the river and pool. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,164)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel and it has a great bar downstairs right on the river. Not only did Ezma give us great service but she also found my husband's lost phone and made sure he got it back when we returned for an evening nightcap.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cheryl C
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My 4- day stay at the westin riverwalk was fabulous thanks to the amazing Roberto Rodriguez and his incredible staff. I have NEVER had such terrific service from such a caring and friendly staff in my life and I've stayed in hotels in 30 countries. Wow! Just wow! Ruby and Armando were especially efficient and cheerful. Went above and beyond the call of duty! Thanks so much!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 30andcountin
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hi 30andcountin,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback and for mentioning members of our staff by name!

We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Bill Petrella
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic care as always, particularly from Danny in the restaurant this time... Think the Westins around the globe need to learn from the genuine hospitality of the river walk Westin.

Again, great gluten free menu and thank you for taking care of me and my team from Dubai for yet another trip. See you next year no doubt!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
london
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Nice stay at this hotel and so helpful staff and concierge
Lovely position on the river and feeling of quality without being too expensive
Good Value and amenities
The pool is clean and not too busy
Gym small but functional
Thanks Westin for our visit

Stayed June 2014
Dear Howard,

Bill Petrella, GM
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I just returned from twelve lovely days at the St Regis in Princeville Kauai and I am happy to report the Westin wasn't a disappointment in comparison. I liked the location and the rooms are very nice but I really liked the service. A couple of people stand out that I would like to mention. Angel was my waiter for a couple of days, for breakfast, and I really liked his great service and attentiveness. My coffee was hot and my cup always full. The other person that I want to mention is a very nice young lady named Kitt that ran the pool area. She is a new employee but in my estimation showed great potential to move up in the company. Kitt understands customer service and I really appreciated her great attitude and energy. Kitt made sure I had a ice cold cup of water at all times. So I want to thank Kitt & Angel and let them know that I appreciated them going the extra distance to make me a happy customer. I also want to thank the other staff members for making my stay a wonderful experience and I wouldn't hesitate going back again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rfames
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've stayed here a few times and really enjoy this hotel. It is right off the Riverwalk and close to everything in downtown San Antonio. You can walk to most places and it is very safe. I like that it is close to the Rverwalk Mall but you aren't right next to it like the other hotels and also not right off the busy part of the Riverwalk; therefore, I feel this is a quite hotel yet close to everything. We ordered room service for breakfast and the food was good and the service excellent. We enjoyed their welcome reception because they had a great guitar player. We also enjoyed the pool which is very nice. Oh they have great margaritas too! We did mention that someone was smoking as we walked the hall to our room an fit was immediately taken care, which I appreciate. Finally everyone I interacted with was very nice, kind, and eager to help.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a balcony over looking the river is nice although rooms facing the other side are...