“Loved it!”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Loved the riverside dining! The room was very clean and comfortable! I plan to stay there the next time I am in the area! I enjoyed the pool on the fourth
Floor over looking the river! Just beware of staying there when the spurs win a game! The Texans really know how to make noise! We had two hours of horns blowing as the traffic passed by!

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We always stay at the Westin Riverwalk when we visit San Antonio. The staff always goes above and beyond the call of duty to make our stays successful. During our last stay Ms. Mackenzie White went out of her way to make this particular stay memorable. Ms. White took great care of us and went out of her way to provide us with the help and attention we needed. I can't say enough about Ms. White as well as the rest of the staff. As a platinum guest I visit several hotels every year, this is by far my favorite. Thank you Ms. White and the rest of the Westin Riverwalk!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at westin downtown San Antonio river walk. Not a lot to stay because I was there for 12 hours, but it was a beautiful property - great lobby. Folks were nice. However it was a bit disappointing that I was told upon checking in that "I was upgraded to a double full city view" when I booked a king river view........ But whatever, I was there for 6 hours of sleep. Room was extremely large and spacious and despite being a full, the heavenly bed still did not disappoint. Also, the rainfall shower was perfect. Overall: highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you jjs_SMU, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your short stay at The Westin Riverwalk.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Would highly recommend staying at The Westin Riverwalk while in San Antonio. While attending a national conference, my wife and I had the most enjoyable stay we have ever experienced. Beginning with the check-in and throughout our six night stay, we were treated with the utmost respect by the staff who catered to our ever need. One person in particular went out of his way to ensure my wife and I experienced all San Antonio has to offer. His name is J.R. Vasquez. His ability to recommend restaurants around town provided us with the flavor of the local culture. If you ever stay at this facility you must find J.R. However, because of his desire to please the guest, he will most likely find you. Thanks also to McKenzie at the front desk for all of the times she assisted us during the evenings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Judy John B
Reviewed 11 June 2014

At check-in to celebrate our anniversary, the desk clerk told me our room was not ready and she would have to find us another room. As a frequent global traveler, some years +45 weeks, I've learned that this is a bad sign and to always 're-validate' the reservation. I asked the clerk to confirm that we were indeed registered for the "Romantic Get-Away" package, she confirmed that we were and we should expect the in room amenities as part of the package within 1 to 1.5 hours after check-in; room service breakfast and late check-out were part of the package. The room was a typical mid-tier hotel room, not bad..not great, and it was clean. The TV remote did not work so I called the customer service desk and was told a remote would be "right up". So, 3 hours later no remote and no amenities and on our way to dinner I stopped by the front desk to let them know I was not happy and why (professionally done, no yelling or cursing). Mr. Carey the Front Desk Manager told me the amenities were not delivered until "later in the evening", I told him that conflicted with their program information, reservation confirmation and my validation at check-in...all which clearly state "at arrival". I told Mr. Carey that we were leaving for dinner and did not know when we were returning but that a "later in the evening" delivery of the amenities was not going to work. He offered to credit the amenity and I told him that I was not necessarily interested in a credit; we had a bad experience and this was his opportunity to change it. After returning from dinner found our room just as we'd left it...including the non-working remote Mr. Carey promised to "immediately take care of". The experience got worse when in the morning I asked for room service and was it was "not included" in the package, no amount of discussion would get them to "review the package" and that both the package and confirmation both stated room service breakfast included. After showering and dressing we went down for breakfast and then went back to the room to relax...not going to happen. A few minutes after 11:00 the housekeeping supervisor knocks on our door and asks "when we plan to check-out"...apparently housekeeping doesn't honor the package terms either. Pretty fed up with the whole experience we checked-out and vowing never to return. Westin e-mailed my bill and there was a credit for the "non-delivered" amenity, which is the absolute minimum I would expect. We had a terrible customer experience and absolutely no attempt was made by management to rectify. After 31 years of marriage we've learned to roll with the punches...but other than Nick and Michael on the valet crew this was a total fail by Westin Riverwalk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Mike G

Thank you Mike for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comment and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk. Please feel free to call me at the hotel (210) 224-6500 to see if there's anything I can for you.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This place is great. The staff is amazing, and everyone here makes it their mission to ensure your stay is fantastic. Sylvia Bishop and Fernando Coronado are the best you could ask for. I'll never stay anywhere else when in San Antonio.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Aaron C
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello Aaron,
Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad to hear that both Sylvia and Fernando took care of you while you were staying with us.

We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

One of my favorite things about business trips to San Antonio is that I usually get to stay at the Westin RIverwalk Hotel. It is a lovely property, and the staff is exceptional at the front desk, valet parking and the concierge. They go above and beyond to make you feel very welcome and pampered at the hotel. I have to say that the Westin goes above and beyond even AFTER you have left the hotel. I left an item behind in my room during my last stay, and Security Officer Raphael Handon, could not have been nicer or more professional when I called to inquire about locating it and getting it shipped out. I received my lost item just days after I returned home. Lovely hotel, and a wonderful, conscientious and caring staff. THANKS Raphael!!!

Room Tip: I love the rooms on the river side of the hotel. But the ones on the higher floors are much quieter...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business