“Perfection”

Ranked #5 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Lubbock
“Perfection”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I loved the time I had here at The Westin RiverWalk! Great people. The location was wonderful and beautiful. I loved the staff that were very professional and I would most definitely recommend this place to any family or friend. I thank you guys for the nice experience we had.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank hperalta92

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,174)
  • Arabic first
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel lives up to the standard you would expect from Westin. Really good hotel. We got a river facing room which had a balcony and we spent lots of time on it particularly at night during cooler temps. The hotel is on the Riverwalk which provides access to lots of restaurants within walking distance. The area along the river is also just beautiful in general. Be sure to take the boat ride along the river to see all the area has to offer.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello MH_Travels2013,
Thank you for leaving us your valuable feedback about the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for mentioning our our nice rooms and great location.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have absolutely NO complaints about this hotel....Friendly staff very clean and cozy rooms, the view of the Riverwalk from the pool is breath taking. I will be booking this hotel again. If you don't believe me go ahead and book it your self

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cicely T
Plano, TX
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I shopped around on a third party site for the best deal along the San Antonio Riverwalk, where we had never been. I was taking my daughter to a convention in the city, and we made it a long weekend family holiday. I found a great deal for a stay at the Westin at the last minute, and I was very pleased. I was only disappointed that the room carpet was in need of cleaning, as were the upholstered chair and the coffee maker. I expected better from a Westin, but at least the bathroom and beds were clean and roomy. The hotel as a whole was clean, the staff was always helpful and pleasant, and the location couldn't be beat. Valet parking is available for $35 per night, but we chose self-parking directly across the street. There was a parking garage and a ground level open lot that were both $16 for up to 24 hours. Both parking options were well lit, and just a dozen steps from the hotel, making us feel safe parking there. If you leave the lot on the weekends though, be prepared for them to be "full" if you return late afternoon or evening. This Westin was located on a quieter end of the Riverwalk, but an easy walk via surface streets or river side path to all the restaurants, clubs, and shopping. The River Center Mall was about a 15 minute walk along the river, La Villita's shops were just 5 minutes, and the Alamo was about 15 minutes on surface streets. Pretty much everything was easy to get to on foot. I think we chose well based on the noise level around the hotels located in the busier part of the Riverwalk. It was well above lively on weekend evenings. At the Westin itself there is a lovely restaurant/bar on the river level called Zocca, and the Cafecita on the lobby level was great to grab coffee and breakfast or snacks to go. The gift shop had a nice assortment of unique gift items and any essentials one may need. On the lobby level facing the river is a very nice partially enclosed veranda with comfy outdoor seating, and there are benches at the river level where you can watch the riverboats go by, or enjoy seeing the resident ducks bobbing in the water. If I can get it at a similar deal, I'd definitely stay again at this Westin. It's a beautiful hotel with great amenities, good staff, a location that is in a slightly better part of downtown, and it's only a couple of turns from the highway. With kids or without, business or pleasure - I think this Westin is probably one of the best places to stay in downtown San Antonio.

Room Tip: A lot of road noise on the city view side, and it isn't as scenic. River view side can be loud...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TXMaverick70
Hello TXMaverick70,
Thank you for the kind review and specifically, for mentioning how great a location we have here at the Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio.

We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am a frequent visitor to San Antonio and have stayed at most of the finer properties in the area, both Riverwalk and elsewhere in the city. The Westin is by far my favorite and my "go to" choice due to unrivaled customer service and spacious, clean, comfortable rooms.

The dining room and lounge are also fantastic, again with helpful staff and great service.

I would be remiss if I didn't signal out some special Westin employees who went above and beyond during my stays there----Oscar and Michael in Valet, Kacee and the always-cheerful and effervescent Mackenzie. Thanks to you all!

Room Tip: Enjoy breakfast outside on the patio, near the Riverwalk. Just don't feed the squirrels!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at The Westin for a family vacation. We were very happy with the location of the hotel. It is walking distance to The Alamo and the river walk is right next door. When we arrived at our room we noticed the bathroom was not that clean but when we called they immediately sent hoyse keeping and cleaned the restroom. The service express associate sent a complimentary chips and salsa to our room. Great customer service! We also had an issue with our safe in our room but security was quick to come and change it out. Manual Martinez is the one that came from security and switched it out in a matter of minutes!! He was very professional and very kind!!! Once again, great customer service!!! My family and I will definitely vacation in San Antonio again this year and we will definitely be staying at The Westin.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank serra123
Hello serra123,
Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time with us.

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I had the best weekend stay at the Westin. We were married on Friday and arrived at the Westin around 2 AM Saturday morning and right away had amazing service. The valet was incredibly kind helping us carry our luggage and many gifts to our room at such a late hour. The rest of the staff was very attentive as well. Danielle, Terry, and JR also made my husband and I feel comfortable and welcomed. Our room was gorgeous, the bathroom was clean, and the bed was cozy. We hope to stay again in the near future!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple