“This is how it should feel..”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #7 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 29 June 2014

- friendly staff that greets you from the valet, door, front desk, concierges, to housekeeping staff on the floors ensuring you have everything you need during your stay. I want to recognize and recommend whenever you go to San Antonio ask for these folks to serve you (Andrew Carey, Wei at the front desk, Luis in In room dining, Letti in Service Express, Susan & Nairan in the Restaurant )
- staff makes you feel like a royalty. before you can ask them; they inquire about your stay
- the lobby has really good live music and sangria with cheeses in the evening.
- Great restaurant with really good food and service.
last but not the least " staff makes you feel right at home"

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We recently chose the beautiful Westin Riverwalk as the main hotel for our son's wedding. From the moment we arrived, where we were greeted by our wonderful bellman, Jared, who continued to take care of us throughout our stay, to the time we departed, everyone bent over backwards to make sure we had a wonderful experience. Our group was rather large, and we had an event scheduled at the hotel over the weekend. I never worried for a minute because I was quite confident I was in the best of hands. I was being taken care of by Eva Avalos, Sydnee Sommers, and Deann Wallen, who were all very professional and efficient. John Salazar made sure that we had what we needed and the concierge, David Swift, anwered numerous questions, and even helped us attend to guests as they arrived. Everything, even down to the accounting of our final bill, which was done by Hector Cervera, were handled expertly. This hotel is lovely and the atmosphere is extremely pleasing. I attribute this to the General Manager Bill Petrella and the excellent team he has working for him. I would highly recommend this hotel for a personal stay or any large event that you might be planning.

Room Tip: While standard rooms are nice, corner suites are quite comfortable, and bathrooms are much larger.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy L
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hello Amy,
Thank for you leaving your valuable feedback on the Westin Riverwalk! Also, thanks for mentioning our members of our staff by name; we're certainly lucky to have them!

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I loved the time I had here at The Westin RiverWalk! Great people. The location was wonderful and beautiful. I loved the staff that were very professional and I would most definitely recommend this place to any family or friend. I thank you guys for the nice experience we had.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank hperalta92
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel lives up to the standard you would expect from Westin. Really good hotel. We got a river facing room which had a balcony and we spent lots of time on it particularly at night during cooler temps. The hotel is on the Riverwalk which provides access to lots of restaurants within walking distance. The area along the river is also just beautiful in general. Be sure to take the boat ride along the river to see all the area has to offer.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello MH_Travels2013,
Thank you for leaving us your valuable feedback about the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for mentioning our our nice rooms and great location.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have absolutely NO complaints about this hotel....Friendly staff very clean and cozy rooms, the view of the Riverwalk from the pool is breath taking. I will be booking this hotel again. If you don't believe me go ahead and book it your self

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cicely T
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I shopped around on a third party site for the best deal along the San Antonio Riverwalk, where we had never been. I was taking my daughter to a convention in the city, and we made it a long weekend family holiday. I found a great deal for a stay at the Westin at the last minute, and I was very pleased. I was only disappointed that the room carpet was in need of cleaning, as were the upholstered chair and the coffee maker. I expected better from a Westin, but at least the bathroom and beds were clean and roomy. The hotel as a whole was clean, the staff was always helpful and pleasant, and the location couldn't be beat. Valet parking is available for $35 per night, but we chose self-parking directly across the street. There was a parking garage and a ground level open lot that were both $16 for up to 24 hours. Both parking options were well lit, and just a dozen steps from the hotel, making us feel safe parking there. If you leave the lot on the weekends though, be prepared for them to be "full" if you return late afternoon or evening. This Westin was located on a quieter end of the Riverwalk, but an easy walk via surface streets or river side path to all the restaurants, clubs, and shopping. The River Center Mall was about a 15 minute walk along the river, La Villita's shops were just 5 minutes, and the Alamo was about 15 minutes on surface streets. Pretty much everything was easy to get to on foot. I think we chose well based on the noise level around the hotels located in the busier part of the Riverwalk. It was well above lively on weekend evenings. At the Westin itself there is a lovely restaurant/bar on the river level called Zocca, and the Cafecita on the lobby level was great to grab coffee and breakfast or snacks to go. The gift shop had a nice assortment of unique gift items and any essentials one may need. On the lobby level facing the river is a very nice partially enclosed veranda with comfy outdoor seating, and there are benches at the river level where you can watch the riverboats go by, or enjoy seeing the resident ducks bobbing in the water. If I can get it at a similar deal, I'd definitely stay again at this Westin. It's a beautiful hotel with great amenities, good staff, a location that is in a slightly better part of downtown, and it's only a couple of turns from the highway. With kids or without, business or pleasure - I think this Westin is probably one of the best places to stay in downtown San Antonio.

Room Tip: A lot of road noise on the city view side, and it isn't as scenic. River view side can be loud...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TXMaverick70

Hello TXMaverick70,
Thank you for the kind review and specifically, for mentioning how great a location we have here at the Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio.

We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am a frequent visitor to San Antonio and have stayed at most of the finer properties in the area, both Riverwalk and elsewhere in the city. The Westin is by far my favorite and my "go to" choice due to unrivaled customer service and spacious, clean, comfortable rooms.

The dining room and lounge are also fantastic, again with helpful staff and great service.

I would be remiss if I didn't signal out some special Westin employees who went above and beyond during my stays there----Oscar and Michael in Valet, Kacee and the always-cheerful and effervescent Mackenzie. Thanks to you all!

Room Tip: Enjoy breakfast outside on the patio, near the Riverwalk. Just don't feed the squirrels!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business