“Great Hotel, Best Doorman Ever”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #7 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Hotel, Best Doorman Ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

During our stay, one of the doormen, J.R. Vasquez recommended the best restaurants for an authentic, non tourist trap experience. Being from New Orleans, good food is very important. He never steered us wrong and we were delighted with every one of his picks. He was very friendly, knowledgable of the area, and pleasant to talk to. He made our experience more enjoyable and we appreciated his honesty and expertise.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello Tiffany,
Thank you for leaving us your feedback and for mentioning JR by name. He is great and we're lucky to have him on our staff!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in San Antonio! Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Talk about feeling the ground rise up to meet you! The staff of this hotel is on point! I spun into town for family and really wanted some relaxation and a vaycay feel to my accommodations. The staff was able to provide me with an upgrade to a riverside view with a balcony that made it all worth while. I came with my li'l animal companion and the staff treated both of us as guests, which was really important for me. I did a lot of coming and going as well and the valet crew showed me such attentiveness, referred to me my surname, and even made a point to ask after my cat! Every one member of this stellar staff really impressed me with how present they all were for the guests. Special Thanks to Mackenzie, Elmo, Pam at Zocca's, Brandon, and all the handsome Valet gentlemen.

Room Tip: Riverside is what u want
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

- friendly staff that greets you from the valet, door, front desk, concierges, to housekeeping staff on the floors ensuring you have everything you need during your stay. I want to recognize and recommend whenever you go to San Antonio ask for these folks to serve you (Andrew Carey, Wei at the front desk, Luis in In room dining, Letti in Service Express, Susan & Nairan in the Restaurant )
- staff makes you feel like a royalty. before you can ask them; they inquire about your stay
- the lobby has really good live music and sangria with cheeses in the evening.
- Great restaurant with really good food and service.
last but not the least " staff makes you feel right at home"

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We recently chose the beautiful Westin Riverwalk as the main hotel for our son's wedding. From the moment we arrived, where we were greeted by our wonderful bellman, Jared, who continued to take care of us throughout our stay, to the time we departed, everyone bent over backwards to make sure we had a wonderful experience. Our group was rather large, and we had an event scheduled at the hotel over the weekend. I never worried for a minute because I was quite confident I was in the best of hands. I was being taken care of by Eva Avalos, Sydnee Sommers, and Deann Wallen, who were all very professional and efficient. John Salazar made sure that we had what we needed and the concierge, David Swift, anwered numerous questions, and even helped us attend to guests as they arrived. Everything, even down to the accounting of our final bill, which was done by Hector Cervera, were handled expertly. This hotel is lovely and the atmosphere is extremely pleasing. I attribute this to the General Manager Bill Petrella and the excellent team he has working for him. I would highly recommend this hotel for a personal stay or any large event that you might be planning.

Room Tip: While standard rooms are nice, corner suites are quite comfortable, and bathrooms are much larger.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amy L
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello Amy,
Thank for you leaving your valuable feedback on the Westin Riverwalk! Also, thanks for mentioning our members of our staff by name; we're certainly lucky to have them!

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Lubbock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I loved the time I had here at The Westin RiverWalk! Great people. The location was wonderful and beautiful. I loved the staff that were very professional and I would most definitely recommend this place to any family or friend. I thank you guys for the nice experience we had.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank hperalta92
Bloomfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel lives up to the standard you would expect from Westin. Really good hotel. We got a river facing room which had a balcony and we spent lots of time on it particularly at night during cooler temps. The hotel is on the Riverwalk which provides access to lots of restaurants within walking distance. The area along the river is also just beautiful in general. Be sure to take the boat ride along the river to see all the area has to offer.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello MH_Travels2013,
Thank you for leaving us your valuable feedback about the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for mentioning our our nice rooms and great location.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have absolutely NO complaints about this hotel....Friendly staff very clean and cozy rooms, the view of the Riverwalk from the pool is breath taking. I will be booking this hotel again. If you don't believe me go ahead and book it your self

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family