“Excellent location, friendly staff, luxurious room”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #7 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Westin Riverwalk. I slept better than I have in a long time on the most luxurious bed ever. The "rainfall" showerhead was a real treat. Special thanks to J.R. Vasquez at the front door for his courtesy and knowledge of great restaurants in the area. J.R.'s advice was spot-on; my sister and I were absolutely delighted with our meals at each of the locations he recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello Candace,
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments and for telling us about JR. We're certainly lucky to have him on our staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We came to San Antonio to celebrate my husband's birthday and my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary. Of course we had to stay at the Westin Riverwalk, our favorite hotel in San Antonio. I can't say enough about the great service from everyone there. From Heidi Gross, the front desk manager, to J.R. and Jose (valet) greeting us with handshakes and hugs when we arrived, to the friendly barista in the coffee shop in the lobby (I wish I'd written down her name); everyone is so nice and friendly, and make us feel like family. Heidi recommended a new video/art installation called "Saga" at the church we were married in, San Fernando Cathedral (2 blocks from the hotel) and I'm so glad we went! It is spectacular and a unique attraction that should not be missed the next time you are in San Antonio. I love this hotel, but love it ESPECIALLY because of the employees that work there.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the Riverwalk, if possible. We noticed 2 bird nests with baby birds in...
Reviewed 30 June 2014

During our stay, one of the doormen, J.R. Vasquez recommended the best restaurants for an authentic, non tourist trap experience. Being from New Orleans, good food is very important. He never steered us wrong and we were delighted with every one of his picks. He was very friendly, knowledgable of the area, and pleasant to talk to. He made our experience more enjoyable and we appreciated his honesty and expertise.

Hello Tiffany,
Thank you for leaving us your feedback and for mentioning JR by name. He is great and we're lucky to have him on our staff!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in San Antonio! Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella, GM

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Talk about feeling the ground rise up to meet you! The staff of this hotel is on point! I spun into town for family and really wanted some relaxation and a vaycay feel to my accommodations. The staff was able to provide me with an upgrade to a riverside view with a balcony that made it all worth while. I came with my li'l animal companion and the staff treated both of us as guests, which was really important for me. I did a lot of coming and going as well and the valet crew showed me such attentiveness, referred to me my surname, and even made a point to ask after my cat! Every one member of this stellar staff really impressed me with how present they all were for the guests. Special Thanks to Mackenzie, Elmo, Pam at Zocca's, Brandon, and all the handsome Valet gentlemen.

Room Tip: Riverside is what u want
Reviewed 29 June 2014

- friendly staff that greets you from the valet, door, front desk, concierges, to housekeeping staff on the floors ensuring you have everything you need during your stay. I want to recognize and recommend whenever you go to San Antonio ask for these folks to serve you (Andrew Carey, Wei at the front desk, Luis in In room dining, Letti in Service Express, Susan & Nairan in the Restaurant )
- staff makes you feel like a royalty. before you can ask them; they inquire about your stay
- the lobby has really good live music and sangria with cheeses in the evening.
- Great restaurant with really good food and service.
last but not the least " staff makes you feel right at home"

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We recently chose the beautiful Westin Riverwalk as the main hotel for our son's wedding. From the moment we arrived, where we were greeted by our wonderful bellman, Jared, who continued to take care of us throughout our stay, to the time we departed, everyone bent over backwards to make sure we had a wonderful experience. Our group was rather large, and we had an event scheduled at the hotel over the weekend. I never worried for a minute because I was quite confident I was in the best of hands. I was being taken care of by Eva Avalos, Sydnee Sommers, and Deann Wallen, who were all very professional and efficient. John Salazar made sure that we had what we needed and the concierge, David Swift, anwered numerous questions, and even helped us attend to guests as they arrived. Everything, even down to the accounting of our final bill, which was done by Hector Cervera, were handled expertly. This hotel is lovely and the atmosphere is extremely pleasing. I attribute this to the General Manager Bill Petrella and the excellent team he has working for him. I would highly recommend this hotel for a personal stay or any large event that you might be planning.

Room Tip: While standard rooms are nice, corner suites are quite comfortable, and bathrooms are much larger.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy L
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hello Amy,
Thank for you leaving your valuable feedback on the Westin Riverwalk! Also, thanks for mentioning our members of our staff by name; we're certainly lucky to have them!

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella, GM

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I loved the time I had here at The Westin RiverWalk! Great people. The location was wonderful and beautiful. I loved the staff that were very professional and I would most definitely recommend this place to any family or friend. I thank you guys for the nice experience we had.

• Stayed: June 2014