“Best place to stay in San Antonio”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #7 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The best place to stay in San Antontio. Excellent location right on the river walk. Clean and comfortable rooms most if not all have balconies. Extremely comfortable beds.
The room service food is fantastic. I had the club sandwich the tacos and an order of the kids fish tacos and they were all great. 24 room service is a plus. The staff go above and beyond. We had problems with our room service orders due to a computer error and the manager Andrew C. made sure to address correct and compensate for it. As a true hotel manager should. He turned a mistake on their part to an opportunity to develop a relationship with the guest and do his best to win their business. Also want to Give a shout out to Elissa at the front desk who went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and liked our room. I wasnt too crazy about the layout of the first suite I had and She took the time to show me an alternate room. She was extremely friendly, professional and prompt!

I will definitely be staying here next time I come back. the one complaint I do have is that there is a room type called a studio suite. I personally do not like it when a hotel uses the word suite and there is not a seperate living and sleeping area. In my opinion that room should be called a "deluxe king" as the bed is still in the living area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you Nick, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of our hotel such as the rooms and staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Recently my girlfriend and I headed down from Austin to San Antonio to spend the 4th of July weekend together on the Riverwalk. The day before we left, Ingrid Schmidt from the Westin reached out to me via email to welcome us to the hotel ahead of time and to see if we needed any special accommodations or if we were celebrating a special occasion. I replied to Ingrid that we should get into town in the early afternoon and that we would not be needing any additional accommodation. The next day we headed South to San Antonio.

I had booked our room online and knew knew based on our reservation that we would not have a room with a view of the Riverwalk and therefore we would not have a view of the fireworks on the 4th. This was fine, we would just have to find some vantage point elsewhere in the city from which to watch the show.

However, upon checking in at The Westin we were notified that Ingrid had upgraded our room to a suite on the Riverwalk side of the hotel! Our room now had an attached living area and a beautiful balcony overlooking the Riverwalk with a PERFECT view of the Tower of the Americas. This meant we'd be able to see the firework show! We were very surprised and extremely grateful for such an awesome treat, and on the evening of the 4th we saw the best fireworks show that either of us had ever witnessed.

The rest of our trip was great. The hotel is a short walk from the Alamo, El Mercado, and many other classic San Antonio attractions. We also got some helpful tips from hotel staff about how to best plan our trip out to the Missions Historical Park (must see in San Antonio).

Before our trip, I researched a good Italian restaurant for Saturday night. I had seen multiple reviews online saying that some place called Zocca was the best place in town, so I booked us a table for Saturday night via Open Table. On Friday when we got to the hotel, we realized that Zocca is at the Westin! So Saturday night we got ready for dinner and simply had to walk downstairs to our table right on the water (and the food was phenomenal!).

Our trip turned out far better than either of us expected and we cannot wait for another chance to go back to the Westin Riverwalk.

Room Tip: The Riverwalk side has amazing views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jackson B
Reviewed 8 July 2014

They were booked solid this 4th of July, so rooms were a take-it-or-leave-it situation. We were put in a room on the 5th floor overlooking the pool, which seemed to always be very rowdy and loud. I didn't sleep well at all that first night so I emailed Leo Ehring, our Welcome Ambassador, and went to the front desk to ask to be moved. Luckily there were some people checking out and they were able to upgrade us to a River-view on the 9th floor which was out of earshot from the pool noises. Leo then followed back up with me to make sure we enjoyed our remaining time in this beautiful hotel in such a historic city.

Room Tip: To be away from pool noises (mainly Sea World children screaming), be sure to book a river-view or h...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan L

Hello Alan,
Thank you for sharing this story. I'm glad to hear that our staff took care of you and you had a nice stay.
We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Bill Petrella, GM

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Both the Restaurant staff (especially Angel our waiter for 3 days), and the Parking staff (especially Jose Alvarado) made our stay a wonderful experience. Every time we ran into them, they went out of their way to ensure any questions we had were answered, and anything they could do for us to make our stay a pleasurable experience, was done.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Nice location & great room.Staff is very friendly and area knowledgable.The most comfortable, luxurious hotel in San Antonio. Clean, white bedding that I love. A friendly, cooperative and very professional staff. Lobby and restaurant have excellent Riverwalk views. Enjoyed the music and refreshments in lobby at happy hour time. Bill Petrella, the best hotel manager in the business--gives personal attention and has true concern that his hotel is the best. I can't find one single fault. I love this hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had an amazing time with awesome extras. Daniel gave us an awesome hands-on lesson on how to make coconut sunrise Mai Tais by the poolside. Amazing experience and awesome personality! Love the staff here.

• Stayed: July 2014
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello Rappattack,
Thanks for leaving us your valuable feedback! I'm glad to hear that Daniel took care of you and showed you how to make one of his specialties!

Thanks for mentioning him by name, we're certainly lucky to have him on our staff!

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella, GM

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We visit San Antonio several times a year, and stayed at the Westin for the first time. From the moment we arrived, we were treated to unparalleled service. At the front desk, Meckenzie White went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. She treated us like VIP's. In the Zocco Restaurant, Chef Clarissa Leon prepared an incredibly delicious Lasagna and then treated us to some awesome tiramisu. We won't stay anywhere else.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family