“Zocca restaurant was AMAZING”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family and I went here for dinner in celebration of my brothers graduation from Lackland AFB. The view is beautiful, the restaurant is clean and well kept, and our server Jason was great. He was very knowledgable of the food and had various suggestions that were awesome. He was very friendly and helpful and also talkative and tentative. Great experience absolutely no complaints!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jessicarib
There are newer reviews for The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I'm always impressed with every Starwood property I stay at. They're a like the Nordstrom of hospitality. When checking in Fernando Coronado, the front desk supervisor couldn't have been nicer. Upon hearing it was my wife's first time in Texas he welcomed her & offered to buy us cocktails! He and the rest if the staff have earned my loyalty to the Starwood brand hotels. Service matters and they "get it".

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Daveclarke5
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hello Dave,
Great to hear! I'm glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Also, thanks for mentioning Fernando. We're lucky to have him on our staff!

Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor and for staying at the Westin Riverwalk. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great service from Joe Angel. The bar is right on the river walk. I ordered the skinny margarita (even though I really wanted the prickly pear margarita). Crab cake appetizer is awesome. He also gave us good pointers about other great dining options in the area. Cigars and good beer :-)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Sgsquare
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This will be an excellent choice for a family vacation or business -- large clean rooms, very spacious and modern fitness center, and fine Italian dining. Plus, walking access to the Alamo and other downtown shopping and dining options. The large lobby is a nice place to relax with coffee, catch up on work, or visit with colleagues. I truly enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: Select a room on the Riverwalk side of the hotel -- balconies are also available.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Ron,
Thank you for the kind words and for mentioning how close we really are to all of the great San Antonio sites!

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Westin Riverwalk has always given us the best service I have experienced in hotels. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else when visiting San Antonio. All their staff is very accommodating to your needs. I have had this experience with an employee named Mr. Schlaff. It says a lot to me when I see the same employee(s) working for the same company for many years. Their rooms plus their restaurant has a nice scenery and excellent service. Thank you for giving me such a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Toward the Riverwalk.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James_Salas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We recently celebrated my son's birthday at the Zocca Restaurant. My son had the Crab Parpadelle and says it was the most delicious plate he has ever had. Chef Clarissa complimented a very special and memorable day. The food was excellent and the flavors were a new experience for us. Our waiter Raul was a perfectly groomed upscale man who made us feel special and welcomed. The view of the river from our table was also amazing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello Paul,
Thank you for telling us about your experience at Zocca! I'm glad to hear that your son enjoyed his dish. That crab parpadelle is one of my favorites as well!

We appreciate you dining with us and we hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed with a large group for a conference. Due to the number of students that we had with us we requested adjoining rooms. The hotel was booked but George C. listened to our request and found us the perfect set up. It made a big difference in our trip. The location of the hotel is great and the rooms were very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business