“Perfect location”

Ranked #6 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

It right in the middle of everything, shops and food are within walking distance. I love Westin Hotels and this is one of my favorites. Minus the Riverwalk, you will have to drive to see other destinations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you Dack, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,173)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The Westin Riverwalk is beautiful, with views of the river and a direct entrance onto the river walk. Rooms are comfortable and modern and the pillows/bed were great (I slept well). Breakfast buffet was surprisingly fresh and tasty. The staff are all really helpful and friendly (thanks Frank Moncada!). I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in San Antonio.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Justin B
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio, TX is an absolutely marvelous hotel. It was my birthday and I had arrived slightly ill. We had been on the road for a long time. I was going to be able to eat my first meal, even though it would be a bland one. I asked the waitstaff if it would be possible to have just a small piece of salmon and some noodles with no spices of any kind. The next thing I knew the chef was out and personally took the order. It was delicious and I couldn't believe it...no charge. That was only the beginning. Obviously, my daughter had told them it was my birthday. Her flowers were delivered to our room. Then compliments of the hotel a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered cherries arrived, served on a giant tile on which was written "Happy Birthday". My husband enjoyed the strawberries, and the champagne came home in my luggage. The room overlooked the River Walk. The balcony was great. The room was super clean. The bed was a dream in which to sleep . The front desk was so helpful. They made an appointment for me and hailed me a cab. This is a first class hotel in every respect! We will stay there again!

Room Tip: Balcony room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Norma,
Thank you for the nice comments! It sounds like you had a wonderful time during your stay.

Happy belated birthday. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Bill Petrella, GM
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First time staying at this property and I will definitely return. The hotel is beautiful, rooms are spacious and the service was great. The hotel valet & bellman are really the first impression of the hotel and made our stay better. They offered their directional service, any recommendations when asked and were always so polite and friendly. You have a great staff!! Congrats!
My family & I truly enjoyed staying here and being in a great location to get to everywhere we wanted to without requiring our vehicle at all times.
The pool was great size and the gym was right next door.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the upgrade to have your own balcony, any view will NOT disappoint.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have to admit when we first arrived last Sat July 26th things at the front desk seemed a little chaotic and I wasn't too sure what the week would hold. We arrived for the Pain Management course for Anesthesiologist's with our family and friends. The hotel was nice but what made the stay a pleasant one for us was the customer care on several different issues. I really wish I could remember his name but the attendant who brought us room service every morning had the most pleasant outlook for the day! What a joy he was and he really paid extra attention to all details with our order and even taking the time to say a nice thing or two to the kids. The concierge's both were outstanding and always had coupons and lots of info available for us as we headed out for a new adventure for the day. I have to give special attention to two people I personally dealt with for this stay. One was I believe Gracie Bella ( front desk) who dealt with me with extreme patience and efficiency as we were working through finding receipts for the business trip. Thank you Gracie and your help was not unnoticed or unappreciated even though that day we were on a tight schedule. In our rush to leave in time I forgot a book in the room that really meant a lot to me. I realized we had forgotten in late that afternoon after we had already arrived back home. Frantically, I call the hotel to speak to Hotel security and they bring Michael Peterson to the phone. I have to say this man was truly a blessing to me that day because he made some calls and found the little book and called me back as soon as it was in his hand. He was really awesome! He took the time to mail out my package first thing Monday morning and I'm expecting it to arrive today. So any minor inconviences that I perceived intially were more than compensated for by the wonderful customer service we received! For those reasons alone we would return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kym B
Hello Kym,
Thank you for telling us your story on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that our staff took care of you and that you were able to get your book back!

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Bill Petrella, GM
Houston
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is not in an ideal location, it is just a few blocks from all the action. I enjoyed this because there wasn't alot of noise coming from the Riverwalk as there is with other hotels centrally located. Was upgraded as a treat from the front desk. Emily was our check-in agent and she was so friendly and helpful. His hotel is laid back, calm, and the bedding is fabulous. The pool is awesome and was perfect. I will go back to this property as we had a perfect hotel stay. Everything we wanted and needed!

• Stayed July 2014
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, a beautiful property on the Riverwalk. This is a dog friendly hotel; however, dogs are not allowed in the restaurant Zocca Cuisine D'Italia, understandably. When we wanted to dine for breakfast, the staff accommodated our situation by setting up a table just off of the dinning patio so our four-legged member (Buddy) of the family could dine with us. I must say, the level of service and accommodations are world class! Our server, Angel, was most attentive and greeted us every morning during our three day stay with a smile. I highly recommend you ask for Angel to enhance your dining experience. Also, Naren who is the Assistant GM of the restaurant was instrumental in allowing us to dine with Buddy. I felt his leadership and level of professionalism was most influential among his staff, including Angel.

The location of this hotel is perfectly situated on the Riverwalk if you are looking for a convenient, yet quiet location. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the "Heavenly" beds are a huge draw.

Thank you for making our family getaway weekend memorable and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

All the best...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hawaiian_Beach_Bum
Hello Hawaiian Beach,
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments and for telling us about Angel and Naren. We're certainly lucky to have them on our staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella