4,316 results
All reviews eugene schlaff zocca restaurant the river heavenly bed corner suite room service beautiful hotel valet parking the entire staff convention center riverwalk concierge spg conference associate alamo balconies
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Great location, offering serenity and luxury on the Riverwalk, with amazing views. The lobby and rooms were immaculate. The rooftop pool was beautiful as well, although the bar was closed. (They added a 20% gratuity for having drinks brought from the bar). Parking was expensive, so we slashed our cost by parking in the garage across the street. As an SPG Platinum guest, we have really grown accustomed to having a lounge, which this hotel didn't have. Overall a beautiful hotel in an awesome location. If you want to follow my travel adventures find me on Instagram as thefunwifey.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We stayed at the Westin for three nights the week before Thanksgiving. Before I review the hotel I'd like to say that I wish we were able to stay the week after Thanksgiving. City crews were busy decorating and putting up thousands of holiday lights. I'm sure it's beautiful. The Westin is located a few minutes West of all the main Riverwalk restaurants and shops area. For us, this was great because not only was the view spectacular but it was pretty quiet as well. Our room was quite spacious with a king bed and a nice balcony looking out over the river (only one chair on the balcony. Two would have been nice-one for each of us). There is a parking ramp right across the river so perhaps a lower room (we were on the 7th floor) would be better so that you wouldn't see the parking ramp roof top. Not a huge deal though. We opted for the "green" no clean, new towels or sheets option and received a $5 certificate each morning that we used in the restaurant. The restaurant/bar is on the Riverwalk level so you can eat/drink inside or outside looking over the river and all the many plantings. We had all three breakfasts outdoors. Nice. There is an outdoor pool and workout room on the fourth floor. The pool is heated and is pretty big if you'd like to swim laps. Lots of lounge chairs to relax in. The staff was super friendly and cheerfully helped out with all our questions, including pointing out a running route we could use (you can run South along a nice not too crowded part of the Riverwalk for a few miles. Very scenic and peaceful) Also within a 13 minute walk is the beautiful, scenic King William district with all it's wonderful old mansions. Like everything on the Riverwalk, the restaurant prices are kind of high. But, no different than any of the other restaurants in the area. The breakfast buffet was extensive and quite good.
The waitstaff was super friendly. I would totally recommend the Westin and would stay here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room. Maybe lower is better to not see the roof of the parking ramp?
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2017

The hotel lobby is really beautifully decorated. Its located right on the river and you can enjoy balconies, the restaurant, and great views from most of the common areas. The room was very clean, spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. Our remote wouldn't work with the tv so we called the front desk and they quickly had someone up to our room at 1 am to try a new remote. The next day we encountered the same problem and this time they had a technician come up and replace some equipment behind the tv. We had no more issues after that and were happy with the attentive staff. We had a balcony and beautiful view of the river. They have valet parking but at 39 dollars a night we decided to self park across the street for 18. Overall a great location, nice hotel, and would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Riverview is best!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017

In town for the Rockets vs Spurs playoff game and chose this hotel because it is not far from the AT&T Center, on the Riverwalk and a member of the Marriott/SPG Rewards programs. I would consider this an upscale hotel for San Antonio. Staff was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed breakfast and lunch at the hotel restaurant. We had a very nice balcony overlooking the Riverwalk.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2017

This is a nice hotel, but it's tired. It needs a rejuvenation, a cleaning, and an update. The room I had smelled musty, the curtains had dust built up on the top, and the wrought iron headboard didn't add to an "at-home" feel. For a 4 star hotel I expect an above average bathroom. Unfortunately, that too disappointed. Scum built up on the shower head, a dirty shower curtain. The rest of the property is very nice and I think if they redid the rooms it would be up to par. Or, maybe, they just need to hire a new cleaning crew.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Meghan L
roomsdirector1167, Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Meghan L,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your experience. Your feedback is very important to us however, I was disappointed to read that we failed to make a more positive impact on you. Please accept my apologies for the condition in which you found your guestroom.

There is no excuse for our failure to provide you with a clean, well maintained room. Please accept my assurance that your cleanliness concerns are being addressed with our housekeeping staff and we shall do what is necessary to ensure all guests have a well cleaned and well maintained guestroom.

I do hope that your will forgive us this lapse and give us another opportunity to demonstrate we are able to provide the quality of cleanliness you have every right to expect from a Westin hotel.

Best regards,