“AirForce family's”

Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Lackland
Ranked #262 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 8 June 2008

I stayed so I could see my son graduate from BMT and I recommend them to any family coming to LackLand. I stayed 2 nights and requested no housekeeping and put the DND sign on my door so I can't evaluate the house keeping. I did stop the housekeeper outside my room for more coffee and she was very pleasant. The front desk was very nice and helpful. They helped me with my late cab and recharged my camera batteries since I forgot mine. I spent most of my time on Base but I did walk to the gas station so I could stock my "fridge" with drinks and some snacks and also walked to the Denny's for dinner. The highways are very confusing and under construction so I really recommend using a cab instead of a rental car. Due to the high humidy the door didn't shut completely automatically so give it a pull or push when you come and go to make sure it's closed all the way. The base is around the corner so I was on base where I needed to be in 10 min. (a 10$ cab ride including tip) my first night ( Thurs) was $58. and the second (Friday) was $61. so you cant beat the price. It saved me money to use with my son and location saved me time also. I didn't use the pool or laundry area so I can't comment but I enjoyed my stay and felt safe which meant alot since I was a women traveling alone.

Steph

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 April 2007

Holes in the walls from construction, with mold all over them. No clean towels brought to you, and if you call to get some they won't bring any. Had to change rooms because the first room was destroyed. One of the other people there had to take cleaner and clean her own room after she checked in because she had been there all day and couldn't get anyone to clean the room. My father in law's room had a razor blade hidden under the bible. There was old food in the fridge in our room. The only positive is the sheets were clean, at least I think they were!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 February 2007

We chose this hotel because we had an airman graduating from BMT. Proximity to Lackland is the only thing to recommend this property. Housekeeping would take the dirty glasses and the open soaps and not replace them. The sink would not be cleaned. We came back one night to find our door open but nothing missing. Management explained that the doors sometime "pop" open. Internet service consisted of bring your own modem and dial up service.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 December 2006

Stinky musty mildew smell
Hair in the shower
Whoops - almost forgot the baby roaches
Mildew on the tiles and dry wall
Ring around the toliet
Lack of wash clothes
Holes in the bedspreads
Sheets so thin they could be used for guaze
No remote
A TV that had to be adjusted a lot
No continental breakfast available after 7:30
Had to pre-pay
Various strange characters roaming the parking lot all hours of the night

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank tectorp
Reviewed 28 August 2006

We arrived to our room and noticed an odor, I will describe as damp and musty. We tried to write it off as a hot humid city. We thought if it was just smelly we could buy some room freshener to fix. We didn't want to try to find another hotel in the middle of the night and we had early plans in the morning. As we tried to settle in for the night we saw a few bugs crawling on the wall. We killed them and again tried to write it off as no big deal. Neither my mother nor I were able to sleep from the feeling of bugs crawling on us. Probably imagined but the possibly was real. After some initial plans in the morning we went to the store and bought room and carpet freshener and were pleased to have some impact on the smell in the room. We left for several hours and came back and there were roaches all over the room and even crawling on the beds. I went and asked for a new room but none were available. I had to check out and find a new room myself in a city unfamiliar to me because no assistance was offered. When I rent a room I only expect it to be clean and relatively safe. Included in my definition of clean is free of dirt, odor and insects.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank tweete1
Reviewed 1 August 2006

We were a little disappointed when we got there. The room had a musty smell to it. I feel like they only made the bed and changed the towels. I don't think the sheets were even changed because they didn't appear to be. The bathroom was not cleaned up each day. They didn't even bother to give us a new bar of soap each day, instead they just left the little pieces laying on the side of the tub. There was food left in the refrigerator from the previous guest, that I had to throw out. I had to go track down an iron. I have seen much better pools also. The best thing about the stay was it is very close to the Base. That was the whole reason for us even being there. If you don't plan on staying at the hotel to rest it's not really that bad. The conntinetal breakfast was nothing more than a couple of pasteries, juice and coffee. They didn't even have milk for the small children. I don't plan on staying there again, but I don't plan on taking another vacation to San Antonio. I really hated the town all together.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank #1bobo
Reviewed 16 July 2006

After spending a day at Fiesta TX, we were so pleased to find such an inviting room! Clean, clean, clean! Air conditioner was on which was a great surprise as we didn't check in until after 10:00 p.m. Plenty of plush towels. Two packages of coffee in room (that was also a surprise)!. The only thing we would rate negative was the missing TV remote control; however, there's no doubt one would have been supplied had we asked. We didn't use the pool so can't rate it, but it looked inviting! Denny's restaurant is right next door. We HIGHLY recommend the hotel/motel and will most definitely stay there next time we are in need of accomodations in that area of San Antonio. We felt safe/secure. Red Roof is an excellent hotel/motel.

• Stayed: July 2006