“Clean it up”

Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Lackland
Ranked #269 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“Clean it up”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed at! Booked thru Priceline. What a surprise we got when we arrived. Run down, hard to get to, and stuff didn't work. Lights in bathroom did not work. Light over sink made noises even when off? I think there might have been a mouse? BUT, as soon as I saw the 2" cockroach, we left! Horrible!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Midianmedia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stay in a lot of Red Roof Inn's across the country. This one was very good. It is a large hotel and had a lot of room to walk around and had a large area for my dog Pork Chop to play in. Lisa and James at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. David and Emilio the maintenance men were great guys and very hard workers. My room was very clean, with a flat screen, large fridge, microwave and an office area with plenty of space. My bed was very comfortable also. I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this Red Roof to anyone passing through.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Crosby, Texas
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My family and I booked a room at the Red Roof Inn Sea World based on the reviews read by my wife. We were in San Antonio for my youngest brother's graduation from USAF Basic training. The room was booked about two weeks prior to our scheduled stay. When we got there, we found that the hotel was overbooked and our room had been given away. When I asked the attendant what good it did to make a reservation if the room was going to be given away anyway, he responded, "Not much." I walked outside to find another place for us to stay. After a while, the desk attendant called this hotel and booked us a room. By the time we got there (after looking for someone else to stay and trying to figure out something to do), it was almost 2 o'clock in the morning. When we got there, we checked in and went to the room. The room was filthy. There was mildew on the walls and I would not have wanted to walk in the restroom with my shoes on, let alone take them off to shower there. My wife refused to even sit on the bed with her clothes on. At 2 o'clock in the morning, with no other foreseen options, we went back to the office and got our money back. It was not worth it to stay even for a few hours - as we had to get up before 6 am for the graduation the next morning. I have heard the facility where we made the original reservation is very nice. Because our rooms were given away (there were five of us), I can't vouch for that recommendation. If all Red Roof facilities are run like this, I will never book with them again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ibpianoman
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Have been staying here for about 15 yrs. we would take the family(2- adults-5- kids) on a week long vacation to San Antonio. We would visit sea world, fiesta Texas, and downtown. We would stay here because it has always been very affordable and the two queen beds are comfy and clean. If ur on a budget this is the hotel for u. Also sign up for the redicard it's free and u get free nights when u stay at any red roof often the free night comes in handy at times

• Stayed June 2013
Lincoln, NE
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is a run down hotel where may people live it seems. I cancelled my week there and stayed the 1 night I was committed to. It was not clean. I requested to stay in another room and it also had dirty/stained towels, bed sheets, bath tub. Disgusting. Run down. Red Rood Inns are individually owned and operated. I don't know how it received any of the good reviews I read that led me to stay there in the first place. Your Airman, if that's what you are staying for, will want to stay at a better place

Room Tip: Seek another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank wettech
TARPON SPRINGS
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The people here were what made this stay good. It is a typical motel room. It did have a refrigerator & microwave. Queen size bed. But again; nothing spectacular. The rooms were clean for most peoples standards. I'm kind of a clean freak, so for me it could have been cleaner. But, again the people made the difference.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This was my first stay at Red Roof Inn. The facility was very nice and comfortable. The staff is excellent...very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable.The location was convenient to the Lackland AFB. We will definitely stay here again when we return to San Antonio.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends