“Horrible Place”

Ranked #280 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“Horrible Place”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The place is outdated, dirty, beds are extremely uncomfortable. Staff and owners could care less about your comfort. Free Wifi didn't work the whole 6 days I was there. I used 2 bottles of Lysol.Gross

Room Tip: Rooms on Renwick Drive will have less noise from the highway
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank K1mberlyd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The establishment was very nice and management were very friendly. The room was very comfortable, reasonably priced and close to the base. There were some minor issues that were taken care if efficiently. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank mzcrissybear
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Terrible experience, there was roaches crawling up the wall, bed bugs in the bed. I checked out right after checking in. The offered to give me another room but that was out of the question. The room looked dungy and smelled stale. I decided to view the bathroom before leaving so that I could include everything in my review. The tub was dirty with stains and hair in it. The toilet did not look to be clean and the sheets had stains on them. The housekeep had a note on the bed as if she cleaned it before I checked in but I doubt that and if she did. She needs to be replaced or the hotel needs to be demolished. Di

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Toya W
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 23 November 2013

nice rooms and facilities. It is a large hotel and had a lot of room to walk around and had a large area for my dog .. a lot of option near by. Lackland AFB is near the hotel. there is exercise room ,a Landry room in the hotel and a swimming pool.
special Thanks to Ms. Lisa..

Room Tip: All the rooms are good,,,
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed at! Booked thru Priceline. What a surprise we got when we arrived. Run down, hard to get to, and stuff didn't work. Lights in bathroom did not work. Light over sink made noises even when off? I think there might have been a mouse? BUT, as soon as I saw the 2" cockroach, we left! Horrible!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Midianmedia
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stay in a lot of Red Roof Inn's across the country. This one was very good. It is a large hotel and had a lot of room to walk around and had a large area for my dog Pork Chop to play in. Lisa and James at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. David and Emilio the maintenance men were great guys and very hard workers. My room was very clean, with a flat screen, large fridge, microwave and an office area with plenty of space. My bed was very comfortable also. I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this Red Roof to anyone passing through.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Crosby, Texas
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My family and I booked a room at the Red Roof Inn Sea World based on the reviews read by my wife. We were in San Antonio for my youngest brother's graduation from USAF Basic training. The room was booked about two weeks prior to our scheduled stay. When we got there, we found that the hotel was overbooked and our room had been given away. When I asked the attendant what good it did to make a reservation if the room was going to be given away anyway, he responded, "Not much." I walked outside to find another place for us to stay. After a while, the desk attendant called this hotel and booked us a room. By the time we got there (after looking for someone else to stay and trying to figure out something to do), it was almost 2 o'clock in the morning. When we got there, we checked in and went to the room. The room was filthy. There was mildew on the walls and I would not have wanted to walk in the restroom with my shoes on, let alone take them off to shower there. My wife refused to even sit on the bed with her clothes on. At 2 o'clock in the morning, with no other foreseen options, we went back to the office and got our money back. It was not worth it to stay even for a few hours - as we had to get up before 6 am for the graduation the next morning. I have heard the facility where we made the original reservation is very nice. Because our rooms were given away (there were five of us), I can't vouch for that recommendation. If all Red Roof facilities are run like this, I will never book with them again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family