“Daycare!”

Ranked #322 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
dallas
“Daycare!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

What type of hotel is this? Children while at work! I arrived to check in to find desk clerk more involved in minor son lingering behind the front desk playing. Request towels for an adolecent to bring them to my front door she could not have been no more than 13 years of age. Filthy hotel no wonder its so filthy they cant tend to job because they are bringing children to work. Stay away at all cost!

3 Thank timmons214

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel during my short trip to San Antonio. I was a little turned off by the reviews on here but I did not feel like spending much money so I gave it a shot. It was definetly not a close to a 5 star hotel but for the charge I was pleased with my stay. I liked the convinent loccation and it was close to stores and shopping. Only 10-15 minutes to downrown and other attractions such as Sea world. I would recomend this hote for any one that is on a short trip and dont want to spend a furtune. The styaff was also very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Donna M
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights. The only reason why we stayed more then one is because we didn't want to interfere with our vacation. We left as early as possible and stayed away as long as possible only using the room to sleep and shower. The "continental" breakfast was no longer available from our first morning. The cook made breakfast tacos and burritos. They were pretty cheap and tasted great! However, that was the only plus of this place. The housekeeping didn't change the sheets, take out trash or leave enough towels. When I stripped the bed I asked that they change the bedding. They left sheets folded on the couch and no blankets. The bed was still unmade. I called the front desk and complained, and the trash was still never taken out. I had to wipe down the tub before I could even think about using it. Every family I spoke to had to change rooms once they saw their room. The rooms were either still dirty from the family before them or smelled badly of cigarette smoke in a non smoking room. The pictures of this place had to have been taken at another facility or in a staged room. The pool area was very unkept and had beer bottles and other trash left all around.

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool are very noisy, you can hear people in them at all hours.
4 Thank surgicalgirl

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Federal Way, Washington, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We get there, pay for our room, go up to our room, and the room was absolutely the most disgusting place I have ever set my foot in....it smelled like cat pee...the shower was leaking and so dirty that there was no way I could feel clean after bathing in it....the couch and bedspread had holes in it....the whole place was awful. We stayed for 5 minutes before we walked back out of the room and they wouldn't even refund our money....DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES STAY HERE!!!!

6 Thank Alicia P
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Do not book at this facility no matter the price! The reviews listed here from guests in April are either people paid by the hotel or things have gone terribly astray in the past few months. We booked this hotel for me a couple of months ago. My family is PCSing to the area and I came alone to find schools and housing in anticipation of their arrival in a few weeks. I was booked to stay for 11 days; I stayed 6 hours and 2 of those hours were spent at a Walmart purchasing cleaning supplies. It was horrific! First of all, three of the pictures that you see on the first page of this site are not even of this hotel. And those that are of this property are taken at VERY strategic angles and likely at 0300 when all the denizens of this pit are passed out or sleeping. Next, the place is run down and absolutely FILTHY inside and out. Since we had paid over $500 in advance, I was going to try to suck it up and stay. I went and purchased new bedding, pillows, towels, sheets to cover the upholstered chairs in the living area and 2 gallons of bleach to clean the surfaces in the place. I wiped the vinyl chairs in the kitchen with Clorox wipes and they came away dark brown. I used Clorox wipes on the phone and they also came away dark brown as well. The tub had been painted and that was cracked and peeling and the shower curtain reeked of mildew. I wouldn't have stepped in it even wearing flip-flops. If surfaces that are easily cleaned were that dirty, I can't even bear to think about what sort of ick was lurking in the upholstered furniture and mattress. The curtains, lamp shades, counter tops and refrigerator were stained and though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room, the place reeked of smoke. As if that isn't enough, there are extremely shady-looking people loitering everywhere around the place, leering at you from the balconies and walkways, hanging out in the lobby. The elevator had a bag of mouldy bread in it and a large spill of some red liquid, I guessed from the smell to be barbecue or hot sauce. I reported that to the front desk after I had taken my suitcases upstairs. 2 hours later when I returned, it was still there, though now it had been walked through. 2 hours later when I escaped the place, it was STILL there. Children running everywhere - pool area, lobby, sidewalks - screaming and pounding on doors. The rooms are around a central courtyard and the noise level even inyour room is outrageous. I had no internet signal in my room; I had to go to the lobby/cafeteria and even there it was weak and prone to going in and out. My husband booked me into another hotel and now the fight begins to try and recoup the money. We are not in a position to lose over $500 but there was no way I could have stayed in this place. The one thing I will say is that the manager on duty, Andy was courteous when I showed him pictures that I took of the cleaning supplies I had purchased, the filth that I had wiped off of surfaces and told him that I was leaving. Take my advice (and others before me) and avoid this place at all costs!

Room Tip: There are not any good rooms at this place. Stay away!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank CassWen
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I was very upset at our stay. The room was filthy! The kitchen was the only thing half way exceptable. The carpet was so dirty i wouldnt let the kids walk bare foot. When i asked for more towels they were never brought. And the 2 that were already there were stained i wouldnt have dried my dishes with them. I went to the store and bought bedding and towels. I went to the store and bought towels and bedding and that includes pillows. The tub looked as if it had been completly resurfaced with bathroom caulk. There was NOTHING about this room that was clean! I have worked in property managemt and lack of funds has NITJING to do with nasty! CLEAN IS FREE!!! Come on ...it doesnt cost anything to wipe the walls and doors down! THE DOOR, THE WALLS, EVERYTHING was nasty. OH and the free wi-fi....didnt work i barely had signal in my room on my phone. I asked for an iron (after all there wan a bored) and I was told i would have to wait several hours...I ironed my daughters shorts with my Chi. The free popcorn was old and breakfast? Breakfast was cereal which had spilled all over the bar and floor... I think there were waffels but with the way the room and club house looked i wouldnt have fed anything out of that place to a stray dog! I did not feel comfortable enough to relax let alone sleep. I was very disapointed.

Like ·  · 7 minutes ago

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Tialaree3
Twentynine Palms, California
Reviewed 6 June 2012

At first, it wasn't what I expected. The staff were friendly, however, the room I got was NOT the room advertised. I was supposed to stay there for 17 days. I ended up only staying for 10. I found bugs in my room, not sure but I think it was a bed bug. The mattress was HARD very uncomfortable. There was construction on the roof from 6 am until after 10pm some nights. I couldn't walk on my carpet without shoes on because it was so dirty. I received an obscene phone call from another guest. I told management about all of my complaints They apologized and said they would have their security keep an eye on my room. I was ok during the weekend while my husband was with me, but he wanted me to change hotels because he was worried for me. I was not able to get a refund on my extended stay even though I left because I was terrified. Not a place to be if you are a woman staying there alone.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo