“NASTY”

Ranked #322 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Yorktown, Virginia
“NASTY”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place should be condemned.... We refused to stay even 10 mins... got the key, saw the room, ran for the hills.... Filthy would be kind.... I wouldn't drink water from the kitchen, the bathtub was gross, the carpets were disgusting!!

Room Tip: RUN as fast as you can... unless you like roaches and bed bugs...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bev572

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Roaches everywhere ceiling falling, unleveled surface. It looks like abandoned rooms. If you want to sleep in a peed bed with bugs and dead dog smell stay here. I can't repeat it enough this place smells like dead and stinks. Absolute horror

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Kingsville
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We arrived, we were 2 hours early. We had stayed there when it was "Travel Lodge" and thought it would be the same, so we paid for our rooms and went out on the town. When we returned, we were handed our keys and went to our rooms. We were in TOTAL DISGUSTING SHOCK!!! Our rooms were so filthy! My room had no stove. The refrigerator was off balance and missing the bottom cover. On the kitchen counter top, there was evidence of prior drug usage as there were razor cuts all over the counter. The couch smelled terrible and looked like it belonged in a "Febreeze" commercial. The curtains in the "Suite" didn't close all the way. When I walked into the bedroom, I noticed the dirty carpet was torn in more than 3 areas. I pulled the comforter back and found stains on the reverse side as well as on the sheets. When I checked the bathroom, the bathtub was very dirty and stained, had roaches in the restroom and there were 2 large holes in the shower area. I noticed 2 small blood stains at the bottom of the vanity and on one of the tiles in front of the vanity. The blow dryer was inoperable and had roach residue on the buttons and plug. The towels that were supposed to be clean, had black marks on them and looked dirty. The ceiling fan in the bedroom was off balance and loud. Not a single lamp, garbage can or telephone was supplied in my room!!! Needless to say, I went out and bought my own towels, hand soap, germ ex, loofa, and a large can of Lysol!! I drenched the entire room and bed in Lysol before laying in the bed. The next day, when we returned from Fiesta Texas, I had yet another surprise! I couldn't find my room key. My 9 year old thin child leaned up against the door and it OPENED!! I headed straight to the office and informed the owner. He gave me new keys and followed me. I informed him that if anything was missing, I was holding his establishment responsible! I came and inspected everything and thankfully nothing was missing. However, while he was in my room, I went ahead and had a "come to Jesus" talk with him. As I was informing him of how disgusted I was with his hotel "SUITES" I was spraying Lysol in front of him telling him how the rooms smelled like URINE and MOLD!! I told him that my first mistake was not looking at the room before paying for it. He replied that he showed everybody the rooms. I informed him that I saw the room after it had been paid for because it wasn't ready when I initially showed up. And that had I did it differently, I would not have paid. But now I was stuck because they have a "NO REFUND POLICY!" All he did was apologize but didn't make it right! This is crazy. This hotel is in NO SHAPE, WHATSOEVER to be rented!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Barbie1124
Kingsville
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We arrived an hour early and made the mistake of paying for the room without looking at them first. The pictures on the website are false advertising. They look nothing like that! There were roaches everywhere, holes in the walls in the restroom, and it smelled HORRIBLE! We went out and purchased our own towels, pillows, Lysol and hand sanitizer. We wouldn't have stayed there if we could've gotten a refund, but there were no refunds! The WORST hotel we have ever stayed at! DO NOT book this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Christina1021
Ashdown, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Filthy. No couch. No pillowcases. No washcloths or floormat. Housekeeping said he's "never seen washcloths since he started working there." Gas stove not even hooked up, good thing I wasn't going to or wouldn't cook there. No continental breakfast as advertised. This place used to be a furnished apartment complex, their still using the same furniture, cigarette burns on everything. There's much more but I think you get the idea. We wouldn't have stayed but the room was a free 2 night stay & if we didn't stay we would have been charged $210.15. I just had to laugh or I would have been horribly upset & it would have ruined my birthday vacation.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank PrncsLeia
Valley Mills, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This place was in terrible condition they showed really nice rooms even the digital screen that was in the office showed such nice rooms. The place was not cleaned well the freezer had ice 6inches deep when you sat on the couch you sunk in and I had to have my husband give me a shove so I could get up the beds were supposed to be queen they were a small double the room was a non smoking room but the laundry room was next door where everyone stood to smoke phone books were just thrown inside the door an ash from a cigarette could have flown back and that whole place would have gone no smoke dectors in the rooms the beds were so close you had trouble walking between them the tub needs to be totally replaced I took pictures of the room and the tub it was the most horrible place we have ever stayed and we will never go back there again like my husband said if we had not paid for the night we would not have thstayed but we paid for two nights they tried to get us for 3 when we checked in my reservations were for two nights for two people. I was very very unhappy with this place we want to go back to San Antonio again but we will not stay there and I learned to next time ask to see the room first I could not believe this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Carol D
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The most horrible experience which started April 30, 2014. They told me to be there at 2pm, sat and waited for one hour before they would even check me in. Was shown a room infested with roaches, then moved to 213 where the AC was broken. Then up to 306, which had a horrible smell of gas. Well, supposedly fixed, but at 11pm that night I had to call again. The security guard came a lit the pilot light on the stove. Kitchen and bathroom were infested with roaches. I felt this was very unsafe for my two grandchildren that were with me.
They refused to refund the money was charged for one week, my niece that stayed in my room for 1 night on the 4th was detained by police who mistakenly was reported as being naked at the pool, immediately released and issued an apology by police.
A total nightmare and poor excuse of a 'hotel'.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family