I took my wife on a surprise overnight trip for our 10th wedding anniversary to the Friday Harbor House. I had read reviews prior to selecting this location and felt it was among the best. We were NOT dissapointed! There are always a few negative reviews, although I could find no merit whatsoever to anything negative. This place is wonderful! We stayed on the 3rd floor in a corner room, so it had floor to ceiling windows on 2 sides and a little balcony. Views of the bay, docks, and ferry terminal. Fireplace, jetted tub in bathroom and nicely designed room overall with a touch of luxury. I didn't see other rooms in the hotel, however it appears that you could have some rooms that only have a very partial view or no view at all. We enjoyed that the TV's in room have DVD players built in and that the reception has a slection of some odd 300 movies to select from AT NO CHARGE. I treated my wife to a message which they offer at their in-hotel spa room. She said it was incredible. Their on-site restaurant-bar, also with those superb views and joined with a nice garden and outside area (great for summer and good weather) was classy and quiet. We did not dine there, however wouldn't hesitate at all to do so and the menu looked very good. Continental breakfast however which was included, was at the utmost high end of "Continental". Scrumptious! Nice selection of freshly made granola's, bakery items, fruits, cereals, quiche', etc. What was also pleasant for us was that mid-week and in March, it is VERY low season and we only saw a couple other folks at breakfast, and nearly nobody else during our stay. Quiet and relaxing. Off-season rates also made it a more realistic stay for us, however this is a higher dollar stay location. Staff were all very accomodating and friendly. Also, we walked on the ferry in Anacortes rather than take a vehicle as this location is only a 2 block walk from the ferry terminal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friday Harbor House perfectly complements the charm and serenity of the San Juan Islands and delightful shops and restaurants of the town. Upon entering our lobby, a friendly smile greets you. Your room features a cozy and romantic, Zen-like atmosphere with a picture window, a fireplace and an oversized, jetted tub-for-two that is the perfect way to wind down at the end of your day. Enjoy locally-sourced cuisine inspired by the Islands at the Friday Harbor House restaurant, all while admiring panoramic views of the San Juan Channel, ferry landing and marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Friday Harbor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friday Harbor House Hotel Friday Harbor
- Friday Harbor Hotel
- Friday Harbor House San Juan Island, San Juan Islands