I went with Friday Harbor House because the suite we wanted at 123 was not available. We went with the partial view king, which was advertised as half water, half city. But it was definitely more city view, with a little view of the harbor if you went out on the deck. But that was fine, we were only there for one night--oh how we wish we could have been there for longer!
The room was great! It reminded us a bit of our honeymoon suit in that the jetted bath/jacuzzi opened up to the rest of the room (minus the killer penthouse view you get in the city), and it was very relaxing. They had bathsalts among their travel toiletries, which was perfect.
The Bluff restaurant is superb. It has a stunning view of the harbor. I recommend making reservations (we did this via OpenTable), as we were able to get a great window spot and noticed that those without reservations were seated away from the windows. We did a mix of happy hour along with their regular menu, and all of it was exquisite. Not to mention the included continental breakfast--one of the better included with stay continental breakfasts I've had (oatmeal, granola, dried fruits, various fruit butters, potatoes, creamy scrambled eggs, juice, pastries, salmon spread, etc), after ones in Paris.
The location is great, too, as it's walking distance from the ferry, as well as quite a few shops, restaurants, and cafes.
Service was friendly. However, if you have questions for the staff, we found it better to just go down the few floors (by stair or elevator) to talk to them directly, versus calling via the phone since there was only one person to answer, anyway. Also, I believe concierge is only available until 9pm, which was not a problem at all for us, but may be for some other guests.
In the hallway/lobby areas, there were great decor, as well as books and games for guests!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friday Harbor House perfectly complements the charm and serenity of the San Juan Islands and delightful shops and restaurants of the town. Upon entering our lobby, a friendly smile greets you. Your room features a cozy and romantic, Zen-like atmosphere with a picture window, a fireplace and an oversized, jetted tub-for-two that is the perfect way to wind down at the end of your day. Enjoy locally-sourced cuisine inspired by the Islands at the Friday Harbor House restaurant, all while admiring panoramic views of the San Juan Channel, ferry landing and marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Friday Harbor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friday Harbor House Hotel Friday Harbor
- Friday Harbor Hotel
- Friday Harbor House San Juan Island, San Juan Islands