Friday Harbor House is in an ideal location. Just a couple of blocks from the ferry dock, (would be a little huff if you have heavy luggage but doable) and the downtown area is just down the street. Very walkable little town.
We had a harbor view room with a great view of the harbor and the ferry. Would really recommended splurging and getting the view. We requested the 3rd floor but didn't get it. Stayed on the 2nd which is still nice but you are pretty close to the ground and not much privacy. Also, there are no chairs for you to be able to actually use your balcony, total bummer. The room was a nice size. Bath amenities were OK, the shower a little small/dark/outdated.
Staff- not great. At all. The only nice service encounter we had was Leila and it was at checkout. Everyone else was OK, not friendly & quite cold but polite. Customer service is huge for me and FHH missed the mark here.
Breakfast- very basic. Oatmeal, toast with jelly, hard boiled eggs, cereal, fruit. Nothing seemed fresh or homemade although the granola said it was. Our friends who stayed across the street had homemade scones & fresh berries, we were jealous. FHH had oranges, bananas & apples.
All in all it was pretty pricy for what it was, but it seemed worth it for the location and probably one of the nicest hotels your going to find in Friday Harbor. Also, eat dinner at the Bluff. Really good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friday Harbor House perfectly complements the charm and serenity of the San Juan Islands and delightful shops and restaurants of the town. Upon entering our lobby, a friendly smile greets you. Your room features a cozy and romantic, Zen-like atmosphere with a picture window, a fireplace and an oversized, jetted tub-for-two that is the perfect way to wind down at the end of your day. Enjoy locally-sourced cuisine inspired by the Islands at the Friday Harbor House restaurant, all while admiring panoramic views of the San Juan Channel, ferry landing and marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Friday Harbor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friday Harbor House Hotel Friday Harbor
- Friday Harbor Hotel
- Friday Harbor House San Juan Island, San Juan Islands