“"Saw Orcas"”

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“"Saw Orcas"”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We recently celebrated a family birthday at Roche Harbor and did a 3 hour kayak trip w/San Juan Outfitters. SUCH FUN !!! Our guides were fabulous, super knowledgeable and helpful !!! A member of our party needed some "TLC" and San Juan Outfitters definitely rose to the occasion, provided a surprise "birthday donut" with candle and everything !!!! They truly went the extra mile to insure that a great experience was had by all. BEST OF ALL, WE SAW THE ORCAS !!!!!!! In kayaks !!!!!

Michigan
“great experiences”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

we used SJOutfitters for both kayaking and a private sunset cruise for 10.
Kayaking was great. Alex (Guide) was especially knowledgeable and passionate. Just the right amount of talking and simply letting us enjoy the kayaking. Never saw whales, but I think they see them less that 50% of the time when kayaking -- so go in knowing that and you will be happy. Meegan was GREAT on the phone -- helping us revise itineraries and accomodating some special needs. Nice job!
The sunset cruise was set up special and the facilities and crew were great.

USA
“Well run and lots of fun”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family and I had a wonderful time on the Family Kayaking trip. We felt like we were in good hands and appreciated learning more about the area's plants and animals. Highly recommended!

Fair Haven, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Return trip inevitable.....”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Where to start. I am an avid kayaker but have never been on the ocean. I looked at all the options and I think because of the location I chose this outfit.

I came without a car and was shuttled to Roche Harbor. I did a 5 hour tour one day and 3 the next due to time restrictions. To jump ahead a bit, I had wanted to do 5 the second day but when reduced to 3, Jen, my first day guide, called the owner and asked if we could take an alternate route the second day, as the 3 hour was normally a shortened 5 hour. I was also offered a full refund for the second day even though it was after the stated deadline to cancel. I chose to to the second day.

Upon arrival, I realized I was the only one that had booked a tour that day. Not only was I the only one but there was a "trainee" so I was actually outnumbered by staff! I felt a bit awkward at first but as soon as we left the dock and we had some conversation, I was thoroughly relaxed and enjoying the scene.

Jen, the guide, and Brenden, the "trainee", were knowledgeable and personable. They were clearly passionate about what they were doing and made my experience one I will remember my entire life. The additional staff whose names unfortunately escape me were equally accommodating and friendly. On the second day, Owen accompanied me again along with Brenden and possessed equal knowledge and personality. He was well traveling and fascinating to talk with around his world experience. He also appreciated my rather off the wall sense of humor..or at least did a great job of pretending he did! I saw so many great natural wildlife I wouldn't know where to begin. Brenden..AKA "birdman" was relentless in pointing out stuff I would never have noticed. I truly do not take the time to write stuff like this often...but Brenden, Jen and Owen truly made this a fantastic experience. When I return next year I will plan my trip around doing an extended paddle...at least a 3 day overnight. I will not research any other companies next year.. I will make reservations with San Juan Outfitters and even hope that either Owen, Jen or Brenden are back for the summer! A-1 outfit and experience!!!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank zumalou7
FLORAL PARK
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We went for a three hour Kayak tour on August 8th and had a great time. The people at San Juan Outfitters were incredibly accommodating. We were only on the island for one day and we were late because of the ferry. The staff adjusted our accommodations and even had a member of their staff drive us back to the shuttle so that we made the last one out! The tour was amazing, we say bald eagles, and harbor seals as well as the amazing scenery of the area! I highly recommend this tour!

Visited August 2013