“Fabulous Trip”

San Juan Outfitters - Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 25 Tours in Friday Harbor
Reviewed 26 June 2010

I've always wanted to visit the San Juan Islands. What better way to experience it than on the water itself. Our experience with San Juan Outfitters was great in every way. Our guides were very skilled, pleasant , competent, and informative. The food was great. They went out of their way to help us see orcas. When we missed them on the water, we had a spectacular hike to the lighthouse and was rewarded with a stunning view including breaching orcas.
Thank you for a memorable trip.
Kay

There are newer reviews for San Juan Outfitters - Day Tours

Reviewed 6 June 2010

On Memorial Day weekend, my family used San Juan Outfitters for both a Whale Watching trip and a Kayak trip. The guides and naturalists were friendly and well informed and were good with people of all ages (my grandmother is in her 80s and has limited mobility) and athletic ability (there were a group of people on the Kayak trip that seemed to tire easily). The biggest disappointment was not seeing any whales, but obviously they cannot control that. We did see porpoises, otters, seals, bald eagles, and jelly fish (among other animals) and the history, biology, and geology of the islands were well explained.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

San Juan Outfitters provided an absolutely astounding wildlife watching experience! The Captain’s experience and the Naturalist’s knowledge were a synergistic team that resulted in a once in a lifetime opportunity for us to witness Orcas and other wildlife in a beautiful setting. In our opinion they went above, beyond and have our sincere thanks.

Reviewed 21 September 2009

Wow was this a great experience! We had wanted to go out with one of their competitors which Trip Advisor ratings had highly recommended but the captain of the boat was "off island" as we had arrived toward the end of their season (after Labor Day).

These guys really gave us a good show. The owner, Brian, took us out and what would normally be a 3 hour whale watch trip turned into a 4 1/2 hour trip because he wanted to travel to the most likely place where the whales would be and it was over an hour and a half away. Must have cost him a mint for gas. Boy, did we see some whales! They were all around and it was fantastic. We also enjoyed the variety of people on board - several states represented and Noel, the first mate, made us all feel very welcome and took good care of us. A great end to a wonderful few days in the San Juans.

Reviewed 7 September 2009

I have gone on a San Juan Outfitter's kayak tour on each of my yearly trips to the San Juan Islands. Their guides are top-notch and knowledgeable. Their kayaks are stable and well maintained. Even though I have been on both their 3-hour and 5-hour tours I am never disappointed and return refreshed and exhilarated. I was a complete kayak novice the first time I put out with San Juan Outfitters. I have since purchased my own kayak and would consider myself a fairly qualified kayaker. But when I go to the San Juans I leave my 'yak at home and just go out with them.