“Fantastic stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Friday Harbor
Snug Harbor Resort & Marina
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Friday Harbor
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed in the small room - it was perfect for a couple. It has a futon so you could have a child with you, but it would be crowded with three. It had a cute electric fireplace which kept us warm- and I don't do cold well! The bathroom is really small but works fine. We had tv which was a complaint before- but who needs it! The setting is beautiful. We saw bald eagles from our little porch area. There are harbor seals right in the bay and geese outside on the grass.
Everyone on staff was friendly and helpful. I didn't bring a blow dryer, but they loaned me one from the office- you just have to ask. There is not maid service- you have to be able to take care of yourself, but they are willing to give you towels or whatever else you may need. Also the new coffee shop is great- good hot chocolate and have the oatmeal for breakfast. It is a good location to see everything on the island and be away from the main town.
A really great get away when you don't want to be in the middle of things but would rather be in the middle of peace and quiet.

Room Tip: If you have more than two people-even if they are kids I would go for the larger units. The small un...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed in the tree house for two nights. It was nice and spacious and had a good feel too it. The whole place was super quiet and the view of the harbor was very good from the deck. The provided flat-top kayaks wre nice, though you couldn't go very far. They also had a gas grill and firepits with wood provided, though we didn't use them. There were lots of eagles flying around, that was pretty neat.
They're building 3 new cabins, which look really nice, with better views of the harbor.
Only two things about the room I would hope to have improved: You couldn't really take a shower in the tub, there was only a wand, and nothing to hold it up. If you wanted to take a bath, there wasn't enough hot water to fill it up.
The coffee maker in the room set off the smoke detector too.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We just spent three days at Snug Harbor and had a wonderful time. Our Norwester cabin (#9) was comfy for four if a bit "snug" for 6. It was clean and right on the water. Ken, the manager, was a great host. He brought out the new kayaks for my kids to tool around the harbor in and I spent many hours paddling the new canoe. Snug Harbor has a new owner and there are lots of improvement plans in the works. New cabins are being built and a coffee bar was being painted when we were there. The harbor is beautiful and peaceful. The location on the island is convenient to all areas of interest. We saw a seal at Lime Kiln State Park and thoroughly enjoyed exploring American Camp. We would definitely stay there again and really enjoyed the weather, the ambience and Ken's gracious welcome.

Room Tip: Go for the Tree House or a Norwester cabin. However, the resort is in the process of adding new acc...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Alan and I stayed at Snugharbor in the "Tree House" the weekend of May 11th and left May 14th which was our "18th" wedding annv..
The place was great, clean and the staff was very nice, Ken as well as he was the one who called us when we were late coming in on the 11th to tell us the key, heat and lights were left on for us in the cabin when we got there, he is the most wonderful host and manager there is in the West Coast!!! ( he did say that he loved his boss, he's a great guy!)
I recommend this "getaway" for all, there are more cabins being built to expand for others to enjoy this delightful place, it's quiet and the pets are welcome, we brought our cat, Bailey which I guess was the first cat at Snugharbor( he is harness trained!!!) Enjoy people!

Room Tip: All is good and clean!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We had a great time at Snug Harbor, this is our second time staying there. The scenery is beautiful and so quiet. All the people working there were so nice to us and very helpful. I would stay there again, looking forward to the new units. With nine people in our group we had two boats and two of the two bedroom units, great fun and very relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Teri B
snugharbormanager, Manager at Snug Harbor Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Thank you Teri B for the nice comments. We to are looking forward to the new cabins. They are really going to be fantastic! Hope to see you and your crew again soon.

Ken

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Judging from the photos and reviews of those who stayed in the Tree House, I wish we had gotten that unit. Our unit was clean which is something I expect of any place I pay to sleep in. I didn't expect the fridge to be so incredibly old that it had rust or something pitting out the exterior of the fridge door. It took so long to warm the place up that my hands were still popsicles when I fell asleep. Also the 19 inch old school TV had poor reception and no cable. The place had a mobile home feel, which isn't bad, but it isn't what I was expecting. The grounds though are a whole different story. The area is as beautiful, peaceful and quiet as other reviewers have stated. We were lucky enough to see an eagle in the tree right in front of the new construction. Firewood was graciously provided for those who wanted to use the fire pit and we would have, had we not been so tired and cold that evening. I may stay again in the new cabins that are being constructed if some of the issues are resolved with the heat, the appliances and the TV, or if the price was significantly reduced.

Room Tip: Cabin #8 the Norwester is the one with the rusted fridge.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeattleD19
snugharbormanager, Owner at Snug Harbor Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear SeattleD19,

I wanted to apologize for not fullfilling your expectations during your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback regarding the issues that came up. A replacement refridgerator was on our maintenance list for this spring and it simply did not get done and had fallen off of our "to do" list. It is now back on that list. We were not aware of TV signal problems and will verify our cable connections to all the units. We do have cable in the units, equipment ordered 45 days ago arrived yesterday that will increase our overall channel selections to 30 channels. Finally, there is no excuse that the heat wasn't turned up in advance of your arrival. That is standard policy for us and it simply was not done. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention. I will be emailing you a coupon for a free nights stay should you be willing to return and give us a second chance.

Erik Nelson, Owner

Reviewed 5 May 2012

The resort exuded such a serene vibe for me; it was nice and peaceful, and simply an excellent spot to be away from high rise buildings, crowds, and noise. The staffs are so friendly and very accomodating, they even warmed up the place before we got there (how nice). My girlfriend and I checked out a studio cabin (Tree house wasn't available anymore :( ), but it was spacious enough to "snug" a couple for a lovely night. The first thing we noticed was the cabin was impressively clean and organized! In the kitchen area, there was sufficient utensils, glass, bowls, etc. microwave, a small fridge, coffee maker. The living room has a futon, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was functionally spacious and did I mention very clean already!! And if you like to whale watch, the staff there can arrange that with you as well, which they did with us. My overall experience at Snug Harbor was just awesome! I would definitely reccommend to friends or anyone inquiring a spot at San Juan Island! :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Edenwild Boutique Inn
Edenwild Boutique Inn
#1 of 2 in Lopez Island
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island

Been to Snug Harbor Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!