“Very relaxing!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Friday Harbor
Snug Harbor Resort & Marina
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Friday Harbor
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is my third visit to Snug Harbor Resort. The new panabodes (cabins) are very cozy and comfortable. My sister and I had a very good time. Loved looking out the windows and saw an eagle sitting out on the rock in the bay.

Be sure to go out whale watching with Captain Jim Maya. His boat takes out of the harbor! You always see lots of wildlife!
Try snug harbor!

Room Tip: They're all good!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LoveTheOregonCoast

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Tonight I was trying to make reservations and was worried about catching the ferry and getting back to Seattle in time for my flight. Luckily, the manager, Ken, having lived on the island for years was able to give me sound advice -- "You'll be pushing it." He said he would obviously love for us to book rooms, but he had to be honest. I was devastated, because we had our hearts set on it, so after listening to me whine, he was able to give me more options. We chose a plane ride back to the airport instead of driving, so all is well in the world - people ARE still honest, and we get to stay where we wanted. I haven't actually stayed there yet, but can't wait. I do have reservations for this summer and will write more then.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank trilliumus
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I stayed in the New Two-Bedroom Panabode last year(2012) for a few days over Christmas. We fell in love with the cabin, the lake, the view and the quiet...so, we decided to come back for Christmas this year. My husband and I have a history with Friday Harbor; we spent our honeymoon on the island 12 1/2 years ago so it kind of holds a special place for us. Just as we had before, we were met by the super nice resort manager, Ken. He was very accommodating to us as well as the lady that we met in the office on Christmas Eve(I apologize for forgetting her name). The cabin still had the 'new smell' to it even though it had been a year later, it was clean, cozy...all just like it was the last time.

On Christmas Eve we usually go into town early and go through all of the cute shops. If you love coffee may I suggest the little coffee shop in the back of Griffin Bay Bookstore on Spring Street. And, if you're looking for a good place to eat we usually eat at Haley's Sports Bar & Grill on Spring Street as well; it's a great place to eat.

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about Snug Harbor Resort because both of our visits have been wonderful and we plan on going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I came for a solo weekend visit, and found Snug Harbor Resort to be perfect. The Panabode one-bedroom cabin was clean and new (built July 2013 according to the manager). The kitchen was stocked with all the basic equipment, the fireplace on a thermostat was a cozy touch, and the view was very nice (albeit with some construction in front of me). The manager was very courteous and made sure I had everything I needed.

I stayed here in December on the weekend before Christmas, and I was the only person staying on the property at night. It felt perfectly safe, but a few more exterior lights would have kept the boogie man at bay while I walked from my car to my cabin.

I'd come back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Recently stayed for two nights on an exceptional Winter weekend. The Panabode Cabins are beautiful and set up well. Everything you need is here.! The staff was very accommodating. Suggestions on where to eat, and which sites to see was spot on. Great base camp for exploring, crabbing, photography, or whale watching. We almost don't want to brag it up too much so we can keep it a secret. Have already recommended to my friends for a nice quiet place to enjoy San Juan Island at it's best.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We rented one of the two-bedroom cabins, and we were delighted! It was fairly new, nicely and comfortably furnished, and it was perfect for our friend, my husband, and me. We enjoyed the view through the trees of our unit. Sadly, we could only stay for one night, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We spotted deer from the cabin and saw a seal from the dock.

Ken was very helpful and friendly, too. The only reason that I didn't give this lovely spot a higher rating is that the wifi was really unpredictable. There was construction going on (but not at a time that disturbed us), so that may have had something to do with it. If we had stayed longer, Ken might have been able to fix it, so just ask when you make your reservation if wifi is important to you.

We definitely recommend Snug Harbor, and we will be back! They are adding new accommodations, so it should only get better.

Room Tip: Some cabins have a view through the trees; others have a more open view, so if that's important...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travelgateway
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed in one of the older two bedroom units in September. The location was amazing. So quiet and beautiful. A little further from town, but we were okay with that. Our unit was ready for us on time and since we arrived a little late, they left the key in the unit for us. This was a nice touch to be able to pull right up and go straight to our unit after a long trip. Our unit itself was quite disappointing. The first thing we noticed when we entered was the smell. It was really musky. There was an awful smell coming from the stove/oven that we could not get to the root of. They ask that you not cook seafood in the units and I believe this is why. We ended up purchasing a candle that we kept lit while in the unit and that helped a bit. The coffee pot had not been cleaned out after the last use and was full of molding coffee grinds. The couch in the unit smelled overwhelmingly like wet dog. We ended up using a spare blanket to cover it before sitting on it. Upon checkout we mentioned that we weren't too happy with our stay and were told that the units were just getting ready to be remodeled, so they weren't doing much to keep up the units. That's somewhat understandable and we have surely stayed in much worse places, but we did feel that we overpaid for what we received.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Lopez Island
Friday Harbor Suites
Friday Harbor Suites
#10 of 11 in Friday Harbor

Been to Snug Harbor Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!