“Wonderful Five Day Kayak Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Quest Expeditions Kayak Tours

Sea Quest Expeditions Kayak Tours
Ranked #7 of 22 Tours in Friday Harbor
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Goal is Simple: We Want You to Have the Best Sea Kayaking Tour of Your Life! Join us for a kayak adventure that offers the full range from energized fun to calm serenity. Our guides skillfully hand-craft every Sea Quest Kayak Expedition into a custom learning experience - one that will surely enhance your appreciation of our natural environment. Our kayak tours are mainly led by actual biologists and environmental scientists who double as highly-trained outdoor educators and sea kayak guides. This level of excellence distinguishes us from other outfitters and transforms your experience into an adventure in learning.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Diego, California
“Wonderful Five Day Kayak Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Charlie was our guide for the five day kayak trip. I was not expecting much in the way of meals with so little room to carry gear but I was amazed at his cooking skills! Meals were to die for! Homemade brownies, fresh fruit, wonderful breakfasts and amazing dinners! The hikes were breathtaking and the moonlight paddle with the starriest sky I have ever seen was unforgettable. I would definitely recommend Sea Quest Expeditions. Charlie went out of his way to make this trip the best ever.

Milton, DE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Extra Effort Means 5 Stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just returned from a 5 day kayak adventure with Sea Quest out of Friday Harbor. Have had this experience on my mind for many years, and it did not disappoint. Experiencing the San Juan Islands from a kayak gives you the time, and perspective to really soak in the area's beauty. Our guide, Charlie Hagler, was very knowledgeable on the wildlife of the area as well as how to travel best with the currents. What took the trip to 5 stars though was the extra effort he went to such as taking us out in the evening to watch a sunset from the water, kayaking under the stars, experiencing bioluminescense, pushing on a bit further to reach some of the best camp sites, hiking to a bluff for lunch, and serving dinner up on a point overlooking Mt. Baker instead of at the picnic table. Menu was vegetarian, and I experienced no withdrawal as Charlie has some great recipes. With the kayaking, hiking and vegetarian menu it is not only a unique and fun vacation, but also a very healthy one. Equipment was excellent and concern for safety was very apparent.

United States
“Beyond Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

This trip was fantastic! My eyes were really opened up over the 5 days to new things and I am so happy I got to experience it when I did. Thanks to Charlie, our guide, I got to learn so many facts about the local landscape and the animals. He was really able to make our 5 day trip memorable and fun! This adventure is great for anyone who wants to get lost in nature for days.....never thinking of work/school, the time of day, or even what day it is! The highlight was a night kayak because we saw the bio luminescence in the water and that was epic. I highly recommend this Sea Quest trip!

Madison, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Absolutely Fabulous Kayak Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Sea Quest does a phenominal job --their guide was the best ever--the kayaks and equipment top notch--all arrangements perfect, and the food was really great as well.

1 Thank chiquitadog
Flagstaff, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 Day kayak trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Thank you Colin and Alex! We had a wonderful time on our 2 day trip.
I originally chose sea quest because it had many trip options and it was the most reasonably priced outfit, but the quality of everything was top notch. The kayaks were extremely nice and were actually built here in Washington. We were on a trip with our 2 sons (18 and 20) and were joined by 2 other very nice families of four. The guys were excellent at explaining all of the procedures and safety information in a serious but playful manner before we headed out. Once on the water, we had a great trip north and saw many harbor seals, bald eagles, seabirds and learned many interesting facts of the history of the islands. We landed in a beautiful cove, rested up and were then treated to a delicious and filling meal. The fun and experience was just beginning!
Although fairly tired, Alex and Colin convinced the group to go on a hike and we were treated to a spectacular sunset, one of the most beautiful we had ever seen!
We walked back in darkness and they still had one more amazing experience, a night paddle in the harbor to see the incredible bioluminescence in the waters. Incredible. We then collapsed in our cozy tents.
The next morning we were treated to strong coffee and the best camping breakfast I have ever had ( and I camp often)!
Our return paddle was safely managed and we saw abundant harbor seals, checking us out and dipping under water.
The takeout was efficient and we made it back in time to make our ferry to continue our journey.
It was not until the trip was over we learned that it was Alex and Colin's first time leading an overnight trip on their own! We were very surprised. They were everything you would want in a guide. Thank you so much guys, and thanks Colin for all the awesome beta on Bellingham for our son who is headed there for college. Sam and Christie