“A disgrace to the Mexican community”
Review of Pablito's Taqueria - CLOSED

Pablito's Taqueria
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Omg! I have to admit, the margarita was quite good (strong, like I like it) but I have to say that the food was NOT Mexican food. My husband does not complain about anything, but when he said the food tasted like cardboard I knew this place was not the place to be. We ordered 4 tacos, one margarita with chips and salsa and we paid $40. It was not worth it. I wished we looked at the reviews before going here ... it was very disappointing. Here's one star for the margarita. :(

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This place was great. Kind of quirky in an interesting way. Can't remember what we ate. But I know we both enjoyed what we had. The service was very good. Be sure to get the hot salsa. You can also by it at the local market, which we did. The restaurant is a little hard to find because there isn't much of a street-side sign. It is well worth effort to look for it though.

1  Thank Not-a-Risk-Taker
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Went here on a recommendation. We won't ever go back. Good: the salsa while you are waiting for your food, good stuff! Bad: the waiter scooped the chips out of a Juanita's tortilla chip bag (yes the kind you buy at the grocery store) with his bare hands and put them in the bowl to serve. Good: bottled beer was $4. Bad: the "house" margarita's were good BUT came in a tiny 8 oz. glass and they charged $8. Food was very authentic, which translates to being extremely bland. Pork tacos had no taste whatsoever. VERY pricey!

1  Thank KennewickChad
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stopped in just to get some margaritas and an empanada. The chorizo empanada was pretty good, crisp, but not very flavorful. The excellent rating is for the small-but-potent margaritas. Served in glasses to look like they are sawed-off beer bottles, they were tasty and make us woozy quickly. Would go back again if I ever find myself in Friday Harbor.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We love this place, just wish it was open for lunch! The food was great and very authentic. I had the special for that day, pork belly's and loved every bite. A lovely couple operates it and they offer a great selection of plates. If you love unique Mexican food be sure to eat here!

1  Thank MaritaJohnsIsland