“Great time”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Friday Harbor
Mitchell Bay Landing
Westminster, Colorado
“Great time”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My wife and I stayed in the camper by the office. my sister and her husband stayed in a tent space. We had an excellent time.Had our Harley's roamed the island . Dick was very hospitable very knowledgeable and a great host. I hope to go back and visit another day and yes i would stay there again for sure.

Thanks Dick for a great stay and a trip I will not forget!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Patrick S

Business
Portland, OR
Reviewed 16 September 2010

We knew going in that we would not have access to flush toilets, drinking water, and showers, and that we'd be camping in someone's backyard. So we weren't quite as disappointed as the other reviewer. We also had campsite G, so a reasonable waterview. That said, there were some disappointments. The campsites are incredibly close together, with no privacy, not even a tree or two. Everyone can see everyone else. This also puts you at the mercy of the others in the campsite. Luckily, all our neighbors were quiet and friendly. But we could hear the kids crying/yelling over in Snug Harbor and it was really irritating. I know that's not Mitchell Bay Landing's fault, but it did remind us how lucky we were to have good neighbors because you can hear everything around! We also felt that the campground is very overpriced for what you get. The county park is cheaper and has much better views. I did appreciate the bottled water the owner gave us, and he was friendly enough to us and quite informative. And it was cheaper than staying in a hotel. But we would not stay there again, because it just was not worth the price.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaliniK

Travellers are raving about these Friday Harbor hotels

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Dick Barnes presents his backyard as a beautiful waterfront campground, which is a lie. It is next to the water but the only water view is small spots through trees, which is fine if he were honest about it. Only one site, campsite G, gets full advantage of this view. His prices are incredibly high for what you get. There are no bathrooms only portapotty. You must drive 5 miles back to the Harbor to get a shower that you must pay for. Not a big deal if you also know this going into it. The picnic table at campsite G, where I stayed was filthy and I had to pick up garbage from my very small not at all private spot. There are 4 campsites all in one small backyard area with no privacy at all. Also, there is no drinking water, unless you like drinking water that smells like sewer water. The water that is there is in someone else's campsite and the trash is in yet another campsite.
Dick also lied about the campground and how busy it is, beautiful it is, and spacious it is. I spoke to him on the phone before going and everything he shared with me turned out to be false.
Also, I was there for my birthday and when a friend of mine tried to have flowers delivered to me there he said that he had never heard of me. When the delivery lady told him the campsite number and that I had a dog he said that there was no one camping with a dog. The same day he left me a note reminding me to keep my dog on a leash. He also charged me an extra $5/day for having her. So he lied to the woman and sent her away refusing to even let her leave the flowers for me at my site. I left the island not even knowing about the flowers until I was on my way home.

I strongly encourage you to go to either San Juan County Park where you can get a full on waterfront experience and see the whales go right by, or Snug Harbor which is the drive way next to Mitchell Bay Landing and has beautiful views, coin operated shower, bathroom, store and better prices. Just beautiful places, both of them. Also, the staff are very kind and helpful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Friday Harbor House
Friday Harbor House
#4 of 10 in Friday Harbor
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island

Been to Mitchell Bay Landing? Share your experiences!