“Perfect Proposal Flight with Westwind Aviation!”
Review of Westwind Aviation

Westwind Aviation
Ranked #14 of 25 Tours in Friday Harbor
More attraction details
Owner description: Westwind Aviation provides air charter and scenic flights in and around the San Juan Islands. Day trips from Seattle allow you a whale watch, kayaking or sailing adventure and return to Seattle the same afternoon. And a scenic flight in the San Juan's is unforgettable. It's only 40 air minutes from Seattle. Special tour rates for groups of 2-11.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Over the course of a lifetime one may experience only a handful of truly “great” moments, my proposal flight over the San Juan Islands was just that. I contact Westwind Aviation with the concept of proposing to my girlfriend in flight over the San Juan Islands. In my first few communications with Loren at Westwind I was throwing out all kinds of different ideas, which I’m sure looked like I didn’t know what I was doing, but Loren expertly walked me through my options and perfectly accommodated my needs. The few phone calls I made to Westwind I was very impressed with their customer service; it really brought me comfort and ultimately gained my trust in their company.

Dan our pilot (check-out his bio on their website) was the consummate professional and had a great personality. The flight over the San Juan Islands was smooth, enjoyable and memorable. Midway over Lopez Island I proposed and she said “yes!” After landing in Port Angelus, we were able to take a few pictures in front of “our”, Cessna 303. Dan actually helped carry our baggage to the terminal, which was totally unnecessary, but further demonstrated Westwind commitment to customer service.

Overall, I give Westwind Aviation of Friday Harbor a strong recommendation. Anyone who is interested in exploring the Pacific Northwest for business, pleasure, recreation or maybe even a proposal should call today and book a “great” flight!

1  Thank Trevor D
There are newer reviews for Westwind Aviation

Reviewed 20 May 2013

There is nothing quite like seeing the San Juan Islands from the air! We were celebrating our foster son's HS graduation and went with Westwind Aviation. Our son got to sit in the front right seat and actually flew the plane for much of the flight, under the skilled watch of owner/pilot Dan. Dan is very knowledgeable of the area and pointed out locations and the history behind them. Flying in a small aircraft (we went up in a Cessna 172) gives you a completely different perspective of the area. If you have the time, treat yourself to a flight around the San Juans!

2  Thank JollyGreen77
Reviewed 29 April 2013

i don't write often on trip advisor, but had such an incredible experience, i felt this company should be written about.

i had finished my stay in the San Juan Islands (WA). when i arrived at the small airport, the company i was supposed to fly with said they didn't think they were going to fly out. my only options was to take a 2 hr ferry, then a 1 1/2 hr taxi ride, at a very expensive rate, to get to the airport. it would have never gotten me in their time.

i called numerous airlines and no one had a spot on any later flights. if i could even get to seattle, i probably couldn't get out for a day or two and at a much higher rate.

i was suggested to call Westwind Aviation to see if i could charter a flt. while i was on the phone with someone who was trying to be very helpful and they found out my flt time out of seattle, the director of the company was already in his car, coming to get me, knowing time was a factor. he quoted me a very fair price and drove me back to their air field himself, since i did not have a car.

he could tell i was a bit nervous getting in such a small plane. he took the ride with us. he explained the all the different sites. the ride was so beautiful and i barely felt like i was moving. it was a fantastic experience. when we landed, he had already arranged for a car to meet us to take me right to the Sea-Tac airport.

i would have never thought to inquire about a charter plane, but would much prefer to fly this way from now on. i cannot recommend Westwind Aviation enough. i think anyone that has the opportunity to use them should. thank you so much

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We spent 3 days sea kayaking in the San Juan Islands with Discovery Sea Kayak. Because of work commitments, I needed to make a 6:30 pm flight home from SeaTac, which was goinggt o be very difficlut with our kayak tour not ending until 3 pm that same day. Richard at DSK set me up with Loren at Westwind Aviation and they were awesome. My wife and I chartered a flight from Friday Harbor to Boeing field, and the got a cab from there to SeaTac in plenty of time to make our 6:30 pm flight home. Loren and his team were top notch picking us up at the Kayak shop and making sure we got our cab at Boeing field on time. And best of all, it was amazingly affordable. I highly recommend Westwind Aviation.

1  Thank Greg B
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I booked the round-trip excursion to Friday Harbor along with whale watching with Western Prince for my wife and sons, ages 17 and 8. The office folks answered all my questions when I called to make the reservation and everything was handled perfectly on the day of the trip. My wife was VERY nervous about flying in a small plane, but within seconds of takeoff she was able to relax and enjoy the amazing views of Seattle, thanks to the professionalism and courtesy of the crew. After our day out whale watching, we called Westwind from Friday Harbor and someone was there to pick us up shuttle us back to the Friday Harbor airport within minutes. This was a first-class operation all the way -- highly recommended!

1  Thank M O T U