“Great Service!!!”
Review of Westwind Aviation

Westwind Aviation
More attraction details
Owner description: Westwind Aviation provides air charter and scenic flights in and around the San Juan Islands. Day trips from Seattle allow you a whale watch, kayaking or sailing adventure and return to Seattle the same afternoon. And a scenic flight in the San Juan's is unforgettable. It's only 40 air minutes from Seattle. Special tour rates for groups of 2-11.
Friday Harbor, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Service!!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Westwind Aviation is awesome! I've flown with a few different pilots and always feel safe. I'm a pretty tough critic as my husband is a pilot. Their customer service is the best and I'd highly recommend them.

Visited September 2013

Dallas, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Great Tour of San Juan Island”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Pilot Dan helped us with a step stool and a hand assist when entering the aircraft, quickly allaying our concerns about any difficulties we might have. He asked whether we would like an all-islands tour or to focus on San Juan Island, and he proceeded to give us a wonderful overflight of San Juan Island with lots of narrative on sights (and a bit of history) all around the island perimeter. What a great introduction to the island! We also flew briefly over a neighboring island and even did a fly-by over the B and B where we were staying. What a delightful way to begin our island stay, getting to know the layout in a way we couldn’t have done from the ground. There were beautiful views of beaches, harbors, lighthouse, homes—and lots of photos to take home, as every passenger has a window seat on the fixed-wing Cessna aircraft.

Visited July 2013
Riverside, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Proposal Flight with Westwind Aviation!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Over the course of a lifetime one may experience only a handful of truly “great” moments, my proposal flight over the San Juan Islands was just that. I contact Westwind Aviation with the concept of proposing to my girlfriend in flight over the San Juan Islands. In my first few communications with Loren at Westwind I was throwing out all kinds of different ideas, which I’m sure looked like I didn’t know what I was doing, but Loren expertly walked me through my options and perfectly accommodated my needs. The few phone calls I made to Westwind I was very impressed with their customer service; it really brought me comfort and ultimately gained my trust in their company.

Dan our pilot (check-out his bio on their website) was the consummate professional and had a great personality. The flight over the San Juan Islands was smooth, enjoyable and memorable. Midway over Lopez Island I proposed and she said “yes!” After landing in Port Angelus, we were able to take a few pictures in front of “our”, Cessna 303. Dan actually helped carry our baggage to the terminal, which was totally unnecessary, but further demonstrated Westwind commitment to customer service.

Overall, I give Westwind Aviation of Friday Harbor a strong recommendation. Anyone who is interested in exploring the Pacific Northwest for business, pleasure, recreation or maybe even a proposal should call today and book a “great” flight!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Trevor D
Seattle
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You NEED To fly with Westwind”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

There is nothing quite like seeing the San Juan Islands from the air! We were celebrating our foster son's HS graduation and went with Westwind Aviation. Our son got to sit in the front right seat and actually flew the plane for much of the flight, under the skilled watch of owner/pilot Dan. Dan is very knowledgeable of the area and pointed out locations and the history behind them. Flying in a small aircraft (we went up in a Cessna 172) gives you a completely different perspective of the area. If you have the time, treat yourself to a flight around the San Juans!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank JollyGreen77
ct
“the best ride and nicest service i have ever had!!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

i don't write often on trip advisor, but had such an incredible experience, i felt this company should be written about.

i had finished my stay in the San Juan Islands (WA). when i arrived at the small airport, the company i was supposed to fly with said they didn't think they were going to fly out. my only options was to take a 2 hr ferry, then a 1 1/2 hr taxi ride, at a very expensive rate, to get to the airport. it would have never gotten me in their time.

i called numerous airlines and no one had a spot on any later flights. if i could even get to seattle, i probably couldn't get out for a day or two and at a much higher rate.

i was suggested to call Westwind Aviation to see if i could charter a flt. while i was on the phone with someone who was trying to be very helpful and they found out my flt time out of seattle, the director of the company was already in his car, coming to get me, knowing time was a factor. he quoted me a very fair price and drove me back to their air field himself, since i did not have a car.

he could tell i was a bit nervous getting in such a small plane. he took the ride with us. he explained the all the different sites. the ride was so beautiful and i barely felt like i was moving. it was a fantastic experience. when we landed, he had already arranged for a car to meet us to take me right to the Sea-Tac airport.

i would have never thought to inquire about a charter plane, but would much prefer to fly this way from now on. i cannot recommend Westwind Aviation enough. i think anyone that has the opportunity to use them should. thank you so much

Visited April 2013