“First time and we had great guides!”
Review of Zip San Juan

Zip San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and experience for yourself the only Zip Line Tour in the San Juan Islands in Washington State. Our family friendly zip tour features 8 zip lines that will take you through a beautiful forest, across an otter inhabited lake and over protected wetlands. This tour is an amazing way to experience the natural landscape of San Juan Island while zipping from platform to platform through the forest canopy.Upon reaching the site, you will be given an orientation and then have the opportunity to practice zipping on our smaller practice zip lines. After this, our guides will lead you on a brief hike to the first of the zip lines. Throughout your tour you will soar past tall Douglas Firs, Western Red Cedars, and experience the forest and wetlands from a viewpoint usually exclusive to birds.Tours last approximately 3 hours, which includes travel time to and from the course. The Zip San Juan course is approximately 10 minutes from Friday Harbor. Zip San Juan can provide your transportation to and from Friday Harbor to the zip site.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The guides made it feel so safe. by the 3rd zip I was leaning off the back of the platform like my teenager. My 8 year old said it was the best thing she has ever done. When I booked I think I thought we'd be sailing above the trees. That wasn't the case but it was so fun anyway. The guides are so patient and they do everything for you. It's actually a very relaxing family activity. You just climb and zip. I wish it was about 3 or 4 zips longer. Actual zip time isn't as long as I thought it would be-when you take into acct transportation/fitting/training. But, well worth the price, very experienced guides and not a single concern about safety at any point. the only time you are not hooked onto something is when you are on the ground. Even the one ladder we had to climb had us hooked to it. I will warn people that the guides do expect a tip so take some cash-$20 per guide seems to be the going rate per the people we were with. But, they made it so great for us that I was totally willing to give them that!

2  Thank travelwizMississippi

Reviewed 19 August 2014

First timer, was scared at first but than had great time. Great guides. Great people. Everything went smooth.

2  Thank Seattlecorsini
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had so much fun zip lining!!! Our guides were very knowledgable about the area. They have fun doing their job which makes it more fun for the guest. We learned so much about San Juan Island all while zipping through the trees and over lakes. A must for a fun afternoon!

2  Thank jstory426
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Brian and Ethan were great fun...(and nice enough to wait a few extra minutes for us to make it to the initial rendezvous point! Sorry guys!)

Great views from the lines...loved that you could see no signs of civilization from them at all. And the guides were great, safe and encouraging to those that were nervous.

Ethan, your jokes though...those could use some help... ;-) Thanks for a great tour guys!

2  Thank VMForrest
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was a fun endeavor for everyone in our group. I hate heights but the guides (Brian and Ethan) Made it easy to go on the lines without being terrified of dying.

2  Thank Stephanie F