“Definitely worth the trip ”

Cask and Schooner Public House & Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located just off the waterfront in Friday Harbor, Cask & Schooner Public House & Restaurant is Friday Harbor's premiere maritime themed english pub offering distinctive rustic fare and well crafted libations.
c3guy
“Definitely worth the trip ”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

While this restaurant is not really a true seafood place but a pub, the seafood dishes we did try we're very good. Caesar salad was a 5. Clam chowder was good, but we aren't crazy about the carrots. Fish and Chips were above average with a very tasty and fresh tarter sauce. And the mussels were very unique with the chipotle sauce. Overall definite worth the trip.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

With this place being near the water, I thought it was going to be a tourist trap. The food was actually high quality. We had a chicken sandwich with salad, which was innovative and fresh. I would recommend this for lunch or dinner at Friday Harbor.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Photographer17
Morrison, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food. Fresh local ingredients and great service.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a great lunch here. The food was delicious. The ingredients are locally farmed and the wine and beer list is amazing. They also were very accommodating in making a special meal for our 8 year old with a fish allergy. He was bummed that he could not eat any of the local seafood and they made him feel very special. Location in Friday Harbor is great.

Probably a better restaurant for couples and adults, but they were great with our kids.

• Visited July 2014
Gwinn, Michigan
“Close to all the Action”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Was there for my 71st. birthday and going on a 5 day kayak trip the next morning. My wife doesn't like fish and this was another opportunity to get my cravings satisfied. She also didn't do this trip with us. The fish was fabulous,the beer excellent and atmosphere and people were very friendly. Was so good that we returned and had lunch after our kayak trip. Camp food is ok, but needed another hit on the Cask and Schooner.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lucia K
California
“Try the Chicken Sandwich!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Cask and Schooner was recommended to us so we decided to try it while waiting for the ferry. My kayaking guide told me the local guides love the chicken sandwich. It is grilled chicken with brie, apples, bacon, some fancy lettuce, and fig aoli. Figs are not my favorite so I asked about it and was offered an olive aioli instead. I didn’t want to change the flavor, as it was highly recommended, so I went with it as is. Wow, the flavors together are out of this world! My travel companion got the clams and she equally raved about them. They were so good she wished she had more and it was a big serving to begin with. The local beer selection was good. It’s too bad we don’t live closer. Oh well, we will just have to plan another trip to San Jaun Island.

• Visited July 2014