“Good food - nice view!”

Cask and Schooner Public House & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub, Seafood, Soups
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located just off the waterfront in Friday Harbor, Cask & Schooner Public House & Restaurant is Friday Harbor's premiere maritime themed english pub offering distinctive rustic fare and well crafted libations.
California
“Good food - nice view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We ate at this restaurant 3 times during our 3 night visit. The lunch was Fish &Chips, Razor Clam chowder, and chicken - bacon sandwich (?), both very good. The dinner meals were very good both nights, the salmon was small portion, but very good.

Seattle, Washington
“Very delicious food, very surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I were still a little hungry after eating an earlier dinner at another restaurant but being 9:30pm and I a vegan it was very difficult to find a meal I could eat. After wondering around looking at various menus of places that were still open, we can came across Cask and Schooner, I thought they most likely didn't have anything but just walking in I was pleasantly surprised. There was a big chalk board saying there soup of the day was vegan. My husband and I ordered two bowls and they were very large and surprisingly low priced! Thought prices would be a lot higher in this more upscale restaurant on the waterfront. The soups also came with delicious rolls, that were from the local San Juan Bakery and they were just delectable, the soup was also so hearty and flavorful. Whilst browsing the menu that night I also saw that they had a sandwich labeled vegan! It was an eggplant sandwich with quite a few fun toppings that sounded good. The next day we decided to have lunch there and I ordered it expecting an average sandwich, as usually eggplant ones have been when I got them. No I was blown out of the water, just an amazing delicious flavor combination that that almost had me crying when I took the last bite and had no more! I really hope this place continues to have vegan options as my husband and I loved Friday Harbor and definitely want to return here on our next visit.

Fort Myers
“Good food, good ambiance and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

There were ten of us and we were all pleased that the food and service were top quality. The vegetarian meal was excellent and unusual, chickpeas and kale in a tomato sauce, not the usual oh so boring pasta or portobello. We will definitely go back here on our next visit.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food...But Caution If You Are In A Hurry!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped here while on a whale watching tour. While the food was exceptional (Ploughman's Platter, Chicken Sandwich, Lamb Burger, & Schooner Burger), service left much to be desired. With tables open and a line of customers at the door, the hostess disappeared for over 10 minutes! Our waitress seemed to recover our experience until our food arrived and then she disappeared. There seemed to be employees around working hard, but service was not timely nor efficient. Because of the slow service our 2 hour port visit was limited to just lunch before we had to return to our boat. If you are looking for a great bite and have the time, the restaurant is a hit. But on a schedule...move on!

1 Thank Leanne R
San Francisco, California
“yum - ate here 3 times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

it was just that good and we tried something different every time we came back - lunch, dinner, lunch again...

Visited August 2014