“Fair food with good view”

Blue Water Bar & Grill
Ranked #22 of 67 Restaurants in Friday Harbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The food at the Blue Water Bar and Grill in Friday Harbor has decent food. Prices are a little high but to be expected as it's on a island. Fish tacos were ok. The oyster shooter were way too big (I like small oysters) but the ravioli was really good. Has nice view of ferry landing.

1  Thank fool4travelin

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I asked in one of the shops where I could go for a bite and a drink and this was recommended. It was Happy Hour and they had some wines for $5 which was a great deal as the pours were generous. The happy hour menu looked good but I wanted something more substantial so I ordered the fish and chips. They were good but not great. The drinks and view more than made up. Sit outside if you can. If I had been with someone else and not alone I think we probably would have tried a sampling of three or so happy hour items as they looked good -- lumpia, pulled pork sliders, Rangoon, etc. If you're waiting on the ferry and looking for a light meal and a drink I would definitely recommend this and I would for sure go back for happy hour.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I loved their crab cake eggs benedict the first time I went there, but any other meal I've had has been horrible. The nachos I had for dinner, I actually saw the person in the kitchen put them in the microwave. The california rolls had obviously been made in advance and sat in a refrigerator because the rice was hard and dry. My mom got fish and chips, the piece of fish used was not good, so maybe they thought we would notice because it was fried? It's such a great location, and has lots of potential, but just needs to work on the quality of meals other than breakfast.

1  Thank AMitch11
Reviewed 5 August 2014

They didn't serve any fish that wasn't fried. On this beautiful island, all they could muster was mushy fried fish or tiny fried "prawns" that were really just small shrimp. And that was once we got a table. They wouldn't seat us at the bar because they assumed in our party of five some people would be "under 21". Nope, try asking next time. Then we had to wait around while other tables got served before us for no apparent reason. Then when we tried to leave, no check. I will say the sauce that came with my coconut "prawns" was good. But the fries were pretty terrible.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I should have trusted my trip advisor family on this one
Local fresh halibut was a tiny slice with bland green beans and lumpy rice 30 bucks!
Wife's seafood pasta bowl was a mushy mess
Don't bother with this one!