We stumbled onto Roche Harbor (San Juan Island) and what a find! Loved every minute - It's quaint and picture perfect. Hotel staff at the Hotel de Haro were friendly, courteous and went out of their way to let us view rooms in the Historic hotel and next door in the Quarryman Suites. The historic hotel lobby is charming but the upstairs rooms are old and in need of some work (shared baths, etc.) The Quarryman is modern luxurious - the trick is going off season when the rates are substantially lower. The Quarryman in our estimation is over-priced during peak season (450.00) for a modern "hotel-like" room (although the view of the harbor is picturesque.) The drawback is the fact of arriving late - with only 1 dining option - McMillian's ... we found it to be charming also but with high prices and not alot of options for mid-price level ... we opted for a delicious crab/artichoke appetizer, (3) crab bisques and a couple desserts and wound up paying 60.00. The Lime Kiln Cafe is nice ... freshly made donuts that were wonderul along with strawberry pancakes. Overall - we loved this spot and highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Juan Island historic resort nestled along the shoreline. Guest amenities include marina, three restaurants, kayaking, whale watching, full service spa, pool, playground, bocce ball, tennis courts, and nature trails. Resort center has complimentary wireless internet for all resort guests. Some (not all) of our rooms have microwave, coffee service, refrigerator, and air conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Roche Harbor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roche Harbor Hotel Roche Harbor Village
- Roche Harbor Village Hotel
- Roche Harbor Village Resort
- Roche Harbor Resort Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, San Juan Islands