All reviews mexican restaurant free shuttle separate bedroom shuttle service great bath blown glass bit outdated excellent free breakfast on demand dishes and silverware make your own waffles mi casita suite room bicycle tour large suites small airport traveling together
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We visited this property as a guest of an owner and we were very pleased with the pool and the beach. The staff were so kind and lovely! Everything was well thought out and tastefully decorated!
Well done!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Cory S, General Manager at Friday Harbor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hi,
Amazing review. Although I do believe this review was meant for a different location on the island. We do not have a pool, although we have a very large Jacuzzi.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here on Friday Harbor for two nights.
The room was very nice but it was also very small.
The bathroom was large and clean.
Although the room is small it was very very clean and the staff at this hotel did a great job.
They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable.
They have a shuttle bus that goes to several places in Friday Harbor so you can take the bus down and then when you’re ready to come home just call and they will come and pick you up.
I would definitely stay here again if I ever came back to Friday Harbor

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Cory S, General Manager at Friday Harbor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you so much for this amazing review!
When you return ask for a Queen Suite. Enjoy a large living room, kitchenette and a separate bedroom!
You rock! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great stay that provides free shuttle to/from town. Cute, spacious suites with own balcony, kitchen and living area. Breakfast included. Older but clean and quaint. All employees were very helpful and friendly. They were very knowledgeable about the area, what to see/do.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Very glad we could make your stay great!
Thank you so much for such a awesome review!
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I travelled with a group of friends to the island and chose this place based on the closeness to downtown Friday Harbor. I thought the price was reasonable until I went into my room. It was a queen sized room with very little space. The decor and furnishings were decades old in style and I felt like I was staying at Grandma's place. The TV picture was not good quality. It was clean but just didn't have a holiday vibe to it. I see the place used to be a Best Western but it felt more like a Super 8.
I grabbed a few items to go for breakfast. The pastries were stale and the apple was moldy on top.
Some of my friends stayed in Airbnb places and I wish I had done the same.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2018

If you don’t mind paying $200.00 a night for a dated, relatively small room that really does not qualify as a suite, go ahead. Providing a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator does not make it a suite. It is clean and in a good location but that is about the best that could be said for the place. It’s not terrible, its just terribly over-priced. You are better off finding a rental apartment through an other popular website.
The more troubling part of our recent stay was the service we received from staff. We stayed at the hotel because we were participating
in a half marathon the next morning and were leaving early in the morning and expected to return around 11:30. We asked if we could have a late check-out just so we could shower before leaving. We were told a decision could not be made until the day manager arrived the next morning. That morning we requested the late check-out but were refused quite rudely. The explanation was that the staff had to clean the rooms before the afternoon check-in at 4 pm. I understand this is a practical concern for them but it’s not like everybody is asking for this request. They simply cannot clean all the rooms at the same time: they have dozens of rooms - I would be willing to bet there are only a handful of staff to clean those rooms. We have stayed in many, many hotels in the last twenty years and not once have we been refused a late check-out; every hotel has given us at least 30 minutes to for a quick shower. Not to be at this hotel; it appears that customer service is only extended until they have your money, after that you are on your own. The best part was that their staff recommended that we could take a shower at the marina boat dock - I guess they don’t want their house-keeping staff to have to clean that pesky bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank fbekker2018
Cory S, General Manager at Friday Harbor Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you for your review.
Finding a rental apartment on Friday Harbor for a Night or Two is impossible as those options do not exist especially in the $200 range category. Sorry to hear about your disappointment with a late check out as it is Hotel Policy to be checked out at 11am, depending on how busy the hotel is that day. It is however up to the Housekeeping department to make the final decision. Our Suites are some of the Largest suites available on San Juan Islands. Full Kitchenettes, living room, separate bathroom and as well as private bedrooms. I do believe you were in a Queen Studio, which would be correct as they are somewhat smaller and cheaper. I also noticed, when booking on Expedia sometimes you do not receive the best available rate that hotels offer if booked direct. We take pride in our customer service especially at our front desk as they get many compliments and reviews, very surprising but understandable considering the frustration of not being able to take a shower.
Again thank you for the review.