“Surprising Highlight on San Juan Island”

Pelindaba Lavender Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Pelindaba Lavender Farm, spread over 25 beautiful acres with lake and Olympic Mountain views, has become one of the San Juans' most popular visitor destinations. More than 200 lavender-based, botanical, culinary, personal care, therapeutic, household & pet care products are handcrafted and sold on-site.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a gem! We hadn't planned to visit Pelindaba Lavender Farm, but we are so glad we did! Not well signed from the main road, but worth the extra little bit of effort to seek it out. Check your free tourist map so you don't pass it. This was surprisingly one of our favorite attractions in the San Juan Islands, and that's saying a lot because we loved all 6 days of our stay on San Juan Island. Beautiful plants, beautiful grounds, great shop, another great shop in town (Friday Harbor), great lavender ice cream! My BFF got me a beautiful glass lavender necklace that I just love, my boyfriend surprised me when we got home with the wonderful lavender hand lotion I had been admiring and I found several stocking-stuffer gifts for the holidays if I can just keep from using them myself! Can't wait to visit again!

1  Thank Startrekgeek
Pelindaba L, Owner at Pelindaba Lavender Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Greetings Startrekgeek,
Thank you for your recent visit to our farm. We are so pleased you stopped by, even if it was planned, and that you enjoyed your visit so much. That's wonderful to hear! The Lavender Hand & Body Lotion that your boyfriend gifted you is our most popular product and has been since we started making it over 10 years ago. He made a great choice! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were visiting a friend who lives on the island and wanted to show us many of the attractions of San Juan Island. On of the places was this lavender farm. We got out of the car and walked to the lavender plants immediately. We took tons of pictures and smelled many of the different plants and compared their scents. We then went into the shop and they had lavender everything! I bought a lip balm, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body butter, lavender stick, and finally, lavender ice cream! They had a separate room full of lavender food items and a stand with lavender drinks and ice cream, which was delicious. In he room with food, there was a table where you could try some of the treats, such as chocolate sauce and chutney. Overall i would say this was definitely a must see and hope to go again next time we visit the island.

Pelindaba L, Owner at Pelindaba Lavender Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Greetings Madison C,
Thank you for your recent visit to the farm. It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed yourself. That's wonderful! We hope you are enjoying all the handcrafted lavender products you took home. We look forward to see you again during your next visit to San Juan Island as well! Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The lavender was in full bloom. The fields were breath taking. It was one of the best lavender farms I have ever visited. They have a very complete shop full of all kinds of products made from. Lavender. They even have ice cream. They have an area where you can view the way they extract the oil. It was very interesting. This is one of the favorite things I did on a Friday Harbor.

Greetings Patty W,
Thank you for your recent visit to our farm. We are happy you were able to visit when the lavender fields are in bloom. We agree - the fields in full bloom are breathtaking! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with us. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit so much. Hopefully we'll see you again when your adventures bring you back to Friday Harbor.
All the best,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The lavender gardens are breathtaking, with interesting sculptures dotted here and there. And such a variety of lavender products for sale! My hand-made glass earrings have received many compliments. I love the lavender remedy stick, which soothed my sunburn and insect bites. The owner is very kind and helpful.

I love lavender, but I usually avoid floral scented foods, but that lavender-lemon sorbet was fantastic!

Pelindaba L, Owner at Pelindaba Lavender Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Greetings teamfur,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience of your visit to our farm. We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your lavender glass bead earrings and other products you took home. It's always such a pleasure to hear that. Thank you!
Looking forward to your next visit - maybe we'll have a new lavender sorbet flavor for you to try!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Driving around San Juan Island? Pull over here, walk through the lavender fields, ask for scissors to cut some lavender, they will wrap it for you, have some lavender ice cream with lavender lemonade, lavender chocolate, and shop for all the lavendar gifts you like. They also have a store in Friday Harbor if you want more stuff. The staff was really friendly and helpful.

2  Thank JeffBransford

Greetings JeffBransford,
Thank you for your recent visit to the farm. It sounds like you experienced it all! Thanks for sharing. We hope you are enjoying all the handcrafted lavender products you took home with you!
Looking forward to seeing you again soon when you next visit San Juan Island.