“Not worth the Price”

Good for: Groups, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: First St
Description: We are a quaint, little Italian restaurant in the heart of Friday Harbor. We offer authentic Italian Cuisine in a beautiful, fun atmosphere. Come and enjoy Vinny’s!
Ocala
“Not worth the Price”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had dinner there on a recent vacation. It appeared to be a higher class Italian Restaurant. It it was all.smoke and mirrors! The service was o.k. But the food was overpriced. We felt as though we were being rushed out of the door. We ordered a glass of wine, our waitress came back immediately to take our order and returned within. Inured with it from the kitchen! I swear they had everything prepared and just reheated. My meal was not even hot but figured they would just "nuke". It some more if I returned it. You would do better looking elsewhere.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MacOcala

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Very enjoyable.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The service was very nice and the food was very good. Enjoyed the after dinner cocktails as well. We would come again.

• Visited August 2014
Golden Valley, Minnesota
“Great Food, Great Ambiance”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Had a nice romantic dinner with the hubby at Vinny's during our stay in Friday Harbor. The restaurant had a great atmosphere. The food was great. We both opted for seafood and all of it tasted fresh and was cooked perfectly. Also the calamari appetizer was delicious! That was probably the highlight. So even if you aren't particularly interested in a seafood entree get some calamari to share beforehand!

The service was alright. It is probably the only thing standing between me an a five star review of Vinny's. It took a while for someone to bring us drinks and our servers was a lil strange but otherwise a fantastic experience.

1 Thank Alison H
florida
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Based on the wide disparity in reviews this tells me that either there is a wide range in what people expect quality food to be or there is inconsistency in the preparation. I have tried a lot of restaurants that have wild fluctuations in rating and some were good and some were bad. This place did not impress. Appetizer, Crespelle, although the crepe and filling were very good, it was smothered in what they identified as sage butter. I make sage butter and this butter had no flavor to it. Instead, the Crespelle, was swimming in a pool of tasteless fat. Would have been better served with a light basil or mint cream sauce. Their version just came out oily. Entrée 1 was the Capellini Mediterranean. The shrimp were over cooked and tough. The pasta was very overcooked and had the consistency of ramen noodles. Not to sound like a food snob but I have eaten Italian food all over the world and this is not prepared in the tradition of fresh, well made Italian food. This reminds me more of badly prepared Italian American food. Entrée 2 was the stuffed zucchini which in itself was not bad. Again the pasta was awfull. My Italian mother would slap me if I served food like this. All these dishes could excel as the potential is there but he preparation is bad. As expected the reviews on their web site were cherry picked from the positive reviews.

• Visited July 2014
Round Top, Texas
“OMG good!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We had an early dinner here after an afternoon of whale watching. The food and service is excellent! I can't imagine anyone saying otherwise!
We shared a wonderful calamari appetizer, beautifully prepared, seasoned and presented with fresh tomato, pine nuts and basil. Among the very best I've ever had.
I ordered the arugula risotto which was served with a side of delicious charred chard. Rich, creamy and the perfect amount. My husband ordered the special lingcod in brodo, surrounded by flavorful cannellini beans - very traditional Italian fare. We topped it all off with a shared tiramisu, every calorie-laden bite was light and fluffy and pure ambrosia.
Put Vinnie's on your must list for Friday Harbor for a special evening out . The ambience, food, service and overall experience adds up to a great value.