“Locals place”

Ernie's Cafe
Ranked #30 of 64 Restaurants in Friday Harbor
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
U.S.
“Locals place”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Just a Ma and Pa place right at the airport, a little hard to find, but worth it. Nice place, nice people and good food. Would go back again for lunch.
I checked the scenic view, because you can watch the airplanes coming and going.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank sailer2

Kirkland, Washington
“WISH WE WERE LOCALS!!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I went to Friday Harbor for my birthday. I looked online for a special breakfast/lunch spot and made my choice instantly when I noticed Ernie's Cafe had POPOVERS! I love popovers, so I immediately wanted to try this restaurant. Are we glad!!! This little restaurant (with about a dozen or so tables) is at the airport in Friday Harbor. We arrived and met the very friendly owners, Christine and Patrick. I had breakfast and a POPOVER (the largest I have EVER had), and my husband had a cheeseburger for lunch. I also tried their home made soup and their famous Korean dish Bulgogi and every single item was absolutely delicious!! Go early or call in to reserve a popover as they always sell out. We arrived at 11am and the popovers were piping fresh, hot out of the oven! The restaurant is a casual fun place where locals get together for breakfast or lunch and I wish we were locals! It has a little patio for outside summer dining. The day was very foggy so we could only see the parked planes instead of planes taking off and landing. It was also fun to enjoy the other popovers at home for two days after! We hope to "pop over" to Ernie's Cafe again soon! Sorry-could not resist! Find this restaurant and you too will be happy! Deb and Harry

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank debandharry
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Cristine and Patrick and wonderful, the food is spot on! the bulgogi is great and they are so accomodating and inviting. Hard working and classic food that is extremely delicious, prices are good, you can't help but love going there, also, try a fresh baked popover! Great diner, great people, you can tell it's a serious local hangout!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lefty J
Friday Harbor, Washington, United States
“Fantastic cafe, where you feel like family.”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I've been going to Ernie's cafe for years. It's tucked away and is more of a locals spot, so if you find it, kudos to you! You wil be happy you decided to find it! Patrick and Christine are just awesome folks we've come to know. This building is the original airport terminal for Friday Harbor. So it's got a fantastic view of the airport which is fun to watch the planes landing.
Great area outside as well with umbrellas.

I love the burgers (cooked on an actual grill!) and the popovers are amazing. The breakfast sandwich is also so fantastic, especially on ciabatta bread!

Stop by Erine's, hang with the locals and enjoy.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Traci W
Friday Harbor, WA
“Ernie's at the Airport”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Killer popovers for breakfast or take home: huge and baked fresh daily - but not too many, so come early or call ahead to reserve. Open for breakfast and lunch weekdays.
Good burgers, tacos and soups. A local favorite, outdoor patio weather permitting. Good place for a group or a small meeting.

• Visited August 2013