“Great spot just off the beaten path.”

Mike's Cafe and Wine Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A natural wood decor with live edge bars and tables in a 1891 vintage victorian house creating a rustic but refined feel. A wide selection of food styles created in our vegan kitchen creating great flavors in a variety of styles. Our foods are paired with a large selection of NW Beers and Washington Wines allowing tastes by the ounce, by the glass or by the bottle. Our dining areas are family friendly and our outside read are also pet friendly. Open 7 days a week and truly the best place to meet our interesting locals.
Friday Harbor, Washington, United States
“Great spot just off the beaten path.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just recently started coming to Mike's. I've been a fan of his wine for many years and so happy he opened up a place in Friday Harbor. I haven't had many items off the menu yet, but I really enjoyed the pizza as well as the Mushroom/cranberry dish, and the bruschetta appetizer. Big fan of the atmosphere and friendly servers. Definitely a place to check out and the only vegan restaurant in Friday Harbor.

2 Thank Traci W

Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quit pretending”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A note to Mike's and any other potential and current vegan restaurants-please stop trying to mimic meat-based food. It's awful. Always. The "cheese" on our (expensive) pizza was completely disgusting. Fake cheese doesn't look right, melt right, or, especially, taste right. There is an entire world of good vegan food out there that doesn't include the words "fake'n" or "chick'n." You'll have to work a bit harder, but it's possible.
That said, the beer was cold and that staff was nice.

1 Thank Rusta1974
NWTC, Owner at Mike's Cafe and Wine Bar, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I am sorry our pizza did not meet your wishes. They are easily our most popular items we offer. If you would have brought it to my attention, I would have offered you any of our other dishes that we make. It is apparent however in our description, what was in the ingredients. You note seems to be directed at products in general that are featured in our cafe. We do not pretend to be the final answer for gourmet vegan dining with out most expensive item on the menu at $15. We make an effort to provide comfortable dining at a reasonable price with a diverse wine and beer selection for a small establishment. I am very surprised you find the price point of $15 as expensive for a 10" pizza in a sit down restaurant. If you return to Friday Harbor, ask for me and I will be able to best suggest something you may enjoy. Happy Travels!
Friday Harbor, Washington
“A great spot”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I'm neither vegan nor a wino but Mike makes this place absolutely amazing. One of my favorite local hang outs in Friday Harbor.Great food, libations, and atmosphere.

USA
“Great spot for vegan eats and delicious wines ”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We were so happy that we ate here. The food was delicious and filling. It's a really great vegan menu that I imagine would appeal to non-vegans as well. Great ambience, beautiful decor, and very friendly and attentive service. We'll definitely be back next time we're in Friday Harbor.

1 Thank desconocido
Bellingham, Washington
“Delicious Food, Excellent Wine, Wonderful Service”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Mike apparently makes all of his own wines in Woodinville, WA. I'm usually skeptical of Washington wines, but his Cabernet Sauvignon is incredible. I had the philli cheese steak sandwich and as I was born in Philadelphia, I was again skeptical. It's not the same as a Pat's steak, but it was delicious in it's own right, and the fact that I could eat one of these every night and not die from a heart attack is pretty fantastic. If I could cook like that I'd probably give up meat too. Mike himself is usually manning the bar and he's full of character. Ask him about the meteor shower, he's an awesome storyteller.

It's reasonably priced compared to the other fine dining in the area and I'll definitely be back.

1 Thank J D
NWTC, Owner at Mike's Cafe and Wine Bar, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed the cheese steak! Being from Philly carries credibility one cannot buy! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip! Thanks for taking the time to write the review! - Mike